Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is TSR really full of socially inept and awkward people? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello TSRians,So lately all I've been seeing in threads is the idea that TSR is filled with awkward and unsociable individuals.
    I know I'm relatively awkward at times, but definitely don't consider myself socially inept. I know that I'm just speaking personally here.
    So I was interested in seeing what everyone else on here thinks about it.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. I've met a few people from here (subscriber meets) and spoken in depth with a lot of people. None of them appear to be socially inept or awkward. Just students looking for people to chat to, ask advice from and make friends with.

Just because you have friends online does not necessarily mean you haven't any friends in the 'real world'.

ReputationRep:
    I'm socially inept and on TSR, so I fit the stereotype I guess..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighcakes)
    Not at all. I've met a few people from here (subscriber meets) and spoken in depth with a lot of people. None of them appear to be socially inept or awkward. Just students looking for people to chat to, ask advice from and make friends with.

Just because you have friends online does not necessarily mean you haven't any friends in the 'real world'.
    Exactly what I thought; thank you for replying!

ReputationRep:
    Not really, obviously some are as there's threads about it but most of the time it's just people looking for revision/university help or in my case the Model House of Commons and the Model UN but I'm out a lot of the time, just enjoy some of the topics on TSR.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Meh, I think a good majority of TSR users have half decent social lives......

Especially with the ridiculous number of relationship threads, so not a lot of us are saddos :emo:.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we need some jocks on here to even this forum out.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Not at all. It's jsut a student website. Sure there are threads like that, but at the end of the day I see an equally large amount posting about friends, girlfriends, boyfriends and dilemmas relating to them so no.

The internet is shedding its skin as a hidey-hole for nerds only.

ReputationRep:
    Yes :/

ReputationRep:
    I think it seems disproportionately high because you never see threads saying 'I have overcome my social problems myself because I'm confident and capable'. Naturally, you only see threads asking for help.

ReputationRep:
    So, what we going to do about this?

ReputationRep:
    Nah not all of them, but a lot of people are :/ I've seen some really strange threads on this sight :erm: and come across some really weird people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReckless)
    Hello TSRians,So lately all I've been seeing in threads is the idea that TSR is filled with awkward and unsociable individuals.
    I know I'm relatively awkward at times, but definitely don't consider myself socially inept. I know that I'm just speaking personally here.
    So I was interested in seeing what everyone else on here thinks about it.
    I like to consider myself very outgoing! I play a lot of team sports and have lots of friends within them! The TSR gives me a chance to communicate with people in debates on everyday issues and meet people online, which I really enjoy doing! It also gives insight into how other individuals with different perspectives think which can only be a good thing!

ReputationRep:
    Lets go find some jocks! Who's with me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighcakes)

You met TSR members and they weren't greasy, fat middle aged men? :zomg: What witchcraft is this? :fuhrer:
    Unless of course you are greasy, middle aged and a man as well :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    You met TSR members and they weren't greasy, fat middle aged men? :zomg: What witchcraft is this? :fuhrer:
    So you admit you are one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    So you admit you are one?
    No :ninja: I am not :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    No :ninja: I am not :ninjagirl:
    I beg to differ :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    I beg to differ :mmm:
    I told it to you in confidence that you wouldn't tell the world :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I told it to you in confidence that you wouldn't tell the world :hand:
    Well we've learned something haven't we - don't trust Bluffroom.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.