Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Thought I'd now start one just for people with Cripps accommodation offers. Since it's difficult to find information about, we can share anything we do know.

Someone on another thread here has said this about Cripps (and they're currently living there so if you have any questions...)

(Original post by lubamira)
    It's one of the largest halls on uni park I believe!
    It is divided up into blocks with varying numbers of people, I think there are 18. They don't seem to have a system of dividing people up - I know one block with just two lads in and the rest girls some blocks have loads of people studying one subject - just as a heads up :P

It's very pretty! There are two quads I think but you're not allowed on the grass (they'll tell you that anyway). The library is all wooden panelled, I think you have to ask permission to open the book cases, but if you want some quiet to work away from your room it is great.

The hall where you eat has really high ceilings (there are pictures somewhere online) and again it is wooden. The tables are long with wooden benches which are a little awkward to get out of.

Not many people use the JCR this year, it isn't the largest on campus! We've been trying to get them to extend it or something just so we have more space. The bar is one of the biggest but a rather awkward shape and there aren't many seats if it were to fill up (which it doesn't often do).

Cripps is the only hall to have it's own gym (I have the misfortune of living right above it so I hear EVERYTHING!). It is the size of two rooms and is equipped with weights, rowing machine, cross-trainer, bike and running machine.

The rooms are larger than most halls! Nearly all of the rooms have a double bed (I've not heard from anyone that doesn't). There is also a little kitchen area in all of the blocks - with a microwave/kettle/sink/fridge. Not all have toasters since they were left by previous students. As you know you will have a fridge in your room.

I know a few of the blocks have recently been refurbished - mine was over Christmas. It went from old wood to new wood (There's a theme! aha). The windows are those old sash windows single glazed so it can get quite cold - just leave your heating on!

I think that's about it
    (Original post by hamburgermuffin)
    (Original post by Fionn Dok)
    (Original post by Su...)

ReputationRep:
    This is a picture of a Cripps room from the Nottingham Halls of Residence Wikipedia page:
    Name:  800px-University_Park_MMB_T1_Cripps_Hall.jpg
Views: 3471
Size:  49.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    Name:  710910_10151445279717265_542620833_n.jpg
Views: 1652
Size:  89.7 KB View from my room
    Name:  702565_10151378186282265_433382185_n.jpg
Views: 2635
Size:  43.9 KB Balcony in dining hall - formal dinner
    Name:  522327_10151306464602265_1192684078_n.jpg
Views: 1873
Size:  68.5 KB Library

ReputationRep:
    Shall I make a FB page for the freshers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duhdiggitybomb)
    Shall I make a FB page for the freshers?
    You should, I looked for one but couldn't find it! I went to visit Cripps yesterday and it was stunningg!! I can't wait to live there! =D What will you be studying?

ReputationRep:
    Law, hahah. If I meet my offer though

There are so few Cripps people this year ._.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/320008141462078/

et voila

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duhdiggitybomb)
    Law, hahah. If I meet my offer though

There are so few Cripps people this year ._.
    Hopefully you will =D. I don't really know where they are hiding tbh, it is the second biggest hall!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumsum123)
    Hopefully you will =D. I don't really know where they are hiding tbh, it is the second biggest hall!
    Hahah, yeah. That's what I thought. Maybe more soon? Hopefully anyhow

ReputationRep:
    The orange dots are the hopper bus locations: University Park.

I haven't heard that the bus service is bad but I've no idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conor94)
    Just got an offer of single study at cripps!! What's it like?! I'm doing med phys & need to use the hopper everyday... Where do I catch that on campus.. Heard that it runs v infrequently?! Anyone know?
    Closest I would say is just infront of portland building which is pretty close to Cripps. You should be fine with the derby hopper bus . Here is the timetable http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/about/do...4timetable.pdf so if you catch the bus at 7:50 from portand, you should be at Derby at 8:45 but it tends to take even less time than that tbh with you.

And same, I got single study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumsum123)
    Closest I would say is just infront of portland building which is pretty close to Cripps. You should be fine with the derby hopper bus . Here is the timetable http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/about/do...4timetable.pdf so if you catch the bus at 7:50 from portand, you should be at Derby at 8:45 but it tends to take even less time than that tbh with you.

And same, I got single study.
    There's one much closer than the Portland building: next to the physics and astronomy building

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EMassey)
    There's one much closer than the Portland building: next to the physics and astronomy building
    Mmm I don't think the Derby hopper bus goes there, when I took it it stopped outside of portland and the other place it stopped was at the west entrance which is even further from Cripps.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay fair enough I figured it was the same hopper bus for the whole thing my bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm gonna be in Cripps

ReputationRep:
    got my offer for cripps on results day, so happy as it looks so pretty

ReputationRep:
    What types of room has everyone got??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conor94)
    I've got a single study
    I've got a single study too. do you know if we will have a double or a single bed? need to get some bedding

ReputationRep:
    Single Study
    ^I hope we get told, although I'll be keeping my double duvet just because :3

ReputationRep:
    You get a 3/4 bed so keep the double duvet as double sheets and stuff are best because you can only rarely find 3/4 size bedding.

I've got an en suite

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.