The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster harrow campus

Hey I was wondering if an prospective/current students had any information on what it's like at the Harrow campus, I'm studying Fashion Buying.

It's between Westminster and Leeds (very social) so is really important

Any info is gooddd

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I've got an offer for Illustration and Visual communication, so i'll be at harrow :smile: I've been to the campus for my interview and had a tour. I LOVED it! Its a very modern campus, Mac computers and things like that :smile: its right next to the tube station, its basically on site, and its quick enough to get there and back from Kings Cross :smile: I know that they have an SU there called the Undercroft and that seems to be quite good. I think also the local town centre is a bus journey away, but I'm not too sure!
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
I have an offer for Mixed Media Fine Art, and I have a friend who is currently on the Film & TV Production course. For me, it was the only university I applied to that had everything I was looking for. Modern accommodation and facilities, easy access to central London but removed from the hustle and bustle if you need a quieter moment. Harrow centre is so close, there's a bus but it's walk-able too. They're also investing a lot of money into the Harrow Campus because the UoW want it to be their flagship campus, because their most prestigious courses are based there.

My top thing about it though is that on campus and in accommodation there will only be media, art and design students! I can't wait to be surrounded by other creative people 100% of the time. My friend says the atmosphere and the conversations you have are so inspiring since everyone is on a similar wave length.
Reply 3
Original post by kindergartencop
I have an offer for Mixed Media Fine Art, and I have a friend who is currently on the Film & TV Production course. For me, it was the only university I applied to that had everything I was looking for. Modern accommodation and facilities, easy access to central London but removed from the hustle and bustle if you need a quieter moment. Harrow centre is so close, there's a bus but it's walk-able too. They're also investing a lot of money into the Harrow Campus because the UoW want it to be their flagship campus, because their most prestigious courses are based there.

My top thing about it though is that on campus and in accommodation there will only be media, art and design students! I can't wait to be surrounded by other creative people 100% of the time. My friend says the atmosphere and the conversations you have are so inspiring since everyone is on a similar wave length.

This was the same for me! I love the fact that i'll be surrounded by only creative poeple.
Reply 4
Hey!
Did anybody has an interview for Architecture at Westminster UNiversity?
Reply 5
Original post by ramathy
Hey!
Did anybody has an interview for Architecture at Westminster UNiversity?

No, I had an interview for illustration
Reply 6
Did u provide a portfolio? How was the interview? what kind of questions did they ask?
Reply 7
Original post by ramathy
Did u provide a portfolio? How was the interview? what kind of questions did they ask?

Yeah, I had to bring a portfolio of work, sketchbooks and a marked essay. For me the interview was really good, It was one to one but you were in a room 3 at a time with 3 different teachers. For mine, I sat down and she had all my work spread out, and she asked me to pick one thing to talk about in depth. me being me, i said everything i possibly could, then kept talking about everything else, and in a way i guess it showed how everything related and i knew my stuff. She asked me why i wanted westminster, why the course, what i do now, how i use a sketch book, and so on :smile: Its meant to last like 20 minutes, but mine lasted 5 as she said to me that she wanted me on the course no doubt. But they dont officially tell you untill ucas. I heard back the next day on ucas, but they say to wait ten days :smile: they also take you on a tour of the campus.
Reply 8
Original post by harrietearley
Hey I was wondering if an prospective/current students had any information on what it's like at the Harrow campus, I'm studying Fashion Buying.

It's between Westminster and Leeds (very social) so is really important

Any info is gooddd

I'm doing the same course as you! visited the harrow campus too and seen all the fashion facilities as well and I really liked it. Halls are really good imo, like seemed clean, secure and everything when I seen them and like nicely decorated, don't look dated or anything too badly! Then the campus itself was nice too, fashion facilities have all been done up I think and look so nice and modern :-) Is good being right by the tube stop too! Was worried about it being a bit isolated but there's tube into London or wherever if you wanted and there's all buses serving the hospital by it... think it would be alright! :-)
Reply 9
Im so glad everyone seems more positive about harrow! Also what did you think of the fashion buying course compared to other places, where else did you apply?? X
Reply 10
Hi I'm gonna be going here this Sept too. Out of all the uni's I applied to it was a tie between this and Middlesex but the tutors on my course seemed much more lovelier here then Middx, so :biggrin: I saw the print room facilities were being modernised when I went for my interview, and they have everything you need, quite broad in terms of facilities which was great as one other Uni i applied to had barely any ;s (no names!) haha, but yeah I can vouch for Harrow being a good area too, I mean there's not that many things to do but it's relatively safe and pleasant.
Reply 11
Im so glad everyone seems more positive about harrow! Also what did you think of the fashion buying course compared to other places, where else did you apply?? X

Applied to other places but my main 2 that I was considering were Westminster and Man Met and went to the open days for both of them, didn't get to actually see fashion facilities at man met, they might have been doing them up am not sure.. but the westminster course just seemed more personable kind of, man met made out that they just accept anyone who gets the grades on the course which put me off a little.. But westminster course sounded good really! and they were really informative about it and answered everyone's questions and all, placement year and job prospects at the end sounded pretty good too! Only thing about the course that scares me is the unistats rating thing, just gonna choose to ignore that though! X
Original post by sarahma
Applied to other places but my main 2 that I was considering were Westminster and Man Met and went to the open days for both of them, didn't get to actually see fashion facilities at man met, they might have been doing them up am not sure.. but the westminster course just seemed more personable kind of, man met made out that they just accept anyone who gets the grades on the course which put me off a little.. But westminster course sounded good really! and they were really informative about it and answered everyone's questions and all, placement year and job prospects at the end sounded pretty good too! Only thing about the course that scares me is the unistats rating thing, just gonna choose to ignore that though! X

Me too! my firm is Westminster and insurance is man met :biggrin: I think its best to ignore the uni stats and league tables when you love the uni :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by cathychyeah
Me too! my firm is Westminster and insurance is man met :biggrin: I think its best to ignore the uni stats and league tables when you love the uni :smile:

Sweet! And yeah after everything else good I've heard about it and actually seeing it and liking it not gonna let those stats ruin it!!
I have also put westminster as my firm and man met as insurance for fashion buying! Also glad people are saying the same about uni stats, they freaked me out a bit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JasmineRose001
I have also put westminster as my firm and man met as insurance for fashion buying! Also glad people are saying the same about uni stats, they freaked me out a bit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've also just firmed westminster for fashion buying, and manchester met for insurance!
Reply 16
Has anyone been to an open day? I was looking into life at the campus, and I don't want to put anyone off, but it seems really boring. For freshers, they don't go out as there are no nearby clubs or lively bars, but have a random bbq. There are a lot of hall parties apparently. I was wondering if anyone thought the same?

Also, being so far out of london means that people who go into central have to get a 2 hour night bus back at the end of the night, everything just seems a little drab to be honest? This is just the feeling I get, I don't mean to be so negative!
Has anyone been to an open day? I was looking into life at the campus, and I don't want to put anyone off, but it seems really boring. For freshers, they don't go out as there are no nearby clubs or lively bars, but have a random bbq. There are a lot of hall parties apparently. I was wondering if anyone thought the same?

Also, being so far out of london means that people who go into central have to get a 2 hour night bus back at the end of the night, everything just seems a little drab to be honest? This is just the feeling I get, I don't mean to be so negative!

From what ive learnt its actually very different, the campus has the SU bar with nights like messy mondays which are legendary in westminster uni, the sports teams nights out are apparently mad with drinking initiations. theres clubs in the town center and then the tube to central. I have a boyfriend who goes to City university london, and their night life is terrible despite being central. The fact is no matter how much we want, students can not afford to go to night clubs every weekend, so an occasional 2 hour bus ride is nothing but fun for once and a while. Harrow students have got access to an su bar which seems to be more proactive than any other univeristy.
Reply 18
Can anybody provide me with some photos of the rooms? Just because the ones on the site don't give a very good impression, and I didn't get a chance to go round halls.
Original post by tombeale
Can anybody provide me with some photos of the rooms? Just because the ones on the site don't give a very good impression, and I didn't get a chance to go round halls.

Theres videos on youtube

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending