Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    My name is Peter Lydon, and I am a final year clinicalpsychology trainee from Lancaster University.
    For my thesis research, I am conducting a qualitativeresearch project which involves meeting with people who have had CAT to askthem about what it was like when therapy ended.
    I would like to hear directly from individuals who have had CAT,to learn from their experience and hopefully to share this knowledge widelywith therapists and trainees. I hope this will benefit people who have thistherapy in the future.
    If you wanted to participate, I would come to meet you foran informal interview probably lasting around 1 hour. This would be at a placenear you, e.g. a private room at a GP surgery or library (travelling expensescan be reimbursed). Or if you prefer I can come to your own home.
    So, I would really like to hear from you if:
    -You are aged 18+, and had at least 12 sessions of CAT witha trained CAT therapist.
    -You had your last main therapy session at least 6 monthsago, but not longer than 2 years ago (but you could still have follow upsessions going on).
    -You went to therapy for help with any problem, diagnosis orissue.
    -You had a recognised ending session, and not an unplannedor abrupt end.
    -You would be willing to spend some time talking about howyou found the experience of ending, including any feelings (good or bad) whichit brought up, what was helpful and unhelpful, and things that mattered to youabout the ending of your therapy.

Thank you very much for reading this information.
    If you are interested, or would like more detailedinformation, or to speak to me about anything to do with the study, I’d bereally happy to hear from you up until around May 2013:
    Telephone or text: 07852516812 E-mail: [email protected]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.