Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for BSc economics and management at St andrews and BA economics for nottingham. I really dont know which university as i should 'firm'. I feel the only disadvantage at Andrews is its a 4 yr course. Please help me decide which uni i should choose and why..and which uni is better for muslims to go to? any help will be much appreciated..thanks!

ReputationRep:
    St andrews everyday of every year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    St andrews everyday of every year
    What are you basing this on?

Nottingham is renowned for having one of the best economics departments in the country; Clive Granger, who won the Nobel laureate for economics, studied at Nottingham. A recent employer survey had Nottingham as the second most targeted uni in the country (after Warwick).

You need to visit the unis and do some in depth research; not just rely on flawed rankings like the fellow who posted above me.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your offer that must be exciting. I would have to say St. Andrews because of its location and the campus and a 4 year course might not be a disadvantage because you get to learn more and network which is great when looking for employment. There are Masjids near or at both universities so that won't be a problem. Good luck in choosing they are both really exceptional universities.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ismail.s)
    I've got an offer for BSc economics and management at St andrews and BA economics for nottingham. I really dont know which university as i should 'firm'. I feel the only disadvantage at Andrews is its a 4 yr course. Please help me decide which uni i should choose and why..and which uni is better for muslims to go to? any help will be much appreciated..thanks!
    Nottingham has the stronger Economics Department, has more modules on offer, is in a larger city, is in England, is warmer, and the list goes on really. I'd choose Nottingham, purely based on the course and the reputation of the department to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham, theyr'e ecnoomics department is getting really strong. and Clive granger studied here and recently won a nobel prize for economics.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.