The Student Room Group

What do you think of these GCSEs?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TaylorGang_4
No use in making them feel like **** either. Maybe exams are not one of their strongest assets, there's no point degrading them, it'll make them feel worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Point taken. It just seems like he ****ed about, since he seems reasonably intelligent here.
Original post by Ashir
Point taken. It just seems like he ****ed about, since he seems reasonably intelligent here.

Well he's predicted D*DD so it seems he's transformed academically. That equivalent to A-Levels would get him into a good University.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by alexh42
Photography E
Maths C
English Lit D
English Lang D
Science C
Science Double B
IT C
French D

And yes these are my GCSEs.

Do you think these would ruin any chance of succeeding in life?

You could probably do with retaking your English ones if poss. Generally if you have 5 Cs or above, including maths and english, you're ok.
Original post by abc:)
You could probably do with retaking your English ones if poss. Generally if you have 5 Cs or above, including maths and english, you're ok.

I agree.
Reply 24
Original post by abc:)

Unfortunately they don't do GCSE English at my college, only functional skills English. I would have been able to apply to better universities if I did have the GCSE, but what annoys me the most is that my English level is probably closer to B/A.
Reply 25
Original post by alexh42
Unfortunately they don't do GCSE English at my college, only functional skills English. I would have been able to apply to better universities if I did have the GCSE, but what annoys me the most is that my English level is probably closer to B/A.

If you have managed to go to college and apply to universities then you should be ok, if you have the required qualifications for the courses you're applying for? They MIGHT look at your GCSEs, but once you're on your degree programme I doubt anybody will again. If they do, you can always go back and retake. My step sister is 23 and is retaking maths GCSE :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest