Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A level Revision for Summer exams Watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually started revision?
    If so since when?
    If not, when are you planning to??

ReputationRep:
    got 13 exams still writting up notes 6 maths 4 chem 3 psycho start round 17th may - late june hopefully finished off writing these notes in a week then start revising hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craming Revision)
    got 13 exams still writting up notes 6 maths 4 chem 4 psycho start round 17th may - late june hopefully finished off writing these notes in a week then start revising hard
    yikkees how did you land yourself with 13 exams!?!
    good lucck soonyy jim, get cracking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poowwoow123)
    yikkees how did you land yourself with 13 exams!?!
    good lucck soonyy jim, get cracking
    trust me need AAB for uni aswell lifes hard!

ReputationRep:
    got 6 exams, for maths just exam papers, business have not started anything, RE need to do some more papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craming Revision)
    trust me need AAB for uni aswell lifes hard!
    Lool my prayers are with you (genuinely) but knuckle down this short time of misery shall seek out the ripest of fruit afterall therre is no success without sacrifice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    got 6 exams, for maths just exam papers, business have not started anything, RE need to do some more papers
    yOU SEEm to have it all mapped out ey
    make it sound kind of easy :P

ReputationRep:
    Got 5 maths exams, 1 chemistry and 1 economics.

Been doing 6 hours of maths, barely touched chemistry/economics.

ReputationRep:
    yOU SEEm to have it all mapped out ey
    make it sound kind of easy :P
    I wish, the amount of work I do is unfairly represented in my results lol.

ReputationRep:
    9 exams - Name:  easter rev.png
Views: 999
Size:  16.9 KB Should be doing statistics now, slacking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    I wish, the amount of work I do is unfairly represented in my results lol.
    Lool, we all get what we put in. If you want a better grade, only you can make that happen. Sounds harsh, i know but thats how it is my friend. Life is harsh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKBrah)
    Got 5 maths exams, 1 chemistry and 1 economics.

Been doing 6 hours of maths, barely touched chemistry/economics.
    WHY DOes everyone seem to have sooo many maths exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Iv made a rev timetable but cant seem to stick to it. Be strict, trust me thats the only way you will get things done!

ReputationRep:
    Made a revision timetable, starting Tuesday until my last exam in June. Haven't started any individual revision yet but we've been doing past papers and going over stuff in lessons. Luckily I have one friend who does the same subjects as me so we always get a bit of revision in during our frees

ReputationRep:
    Iv made a rev timetable but cant seem to stick to it. Be strict, trust me thats the only way you will get things done!
    I've done everything so far that I need to today, the timetable is there to insure at each session I get at least half of it done

ReputationRep:
    Lool, we all get what we put in. If you want a better grade, only you can make that happen. Sounds harsh, i know but thats how it is my friend. Life is harsh.
    Its got a bit of luck as well, considering you can only loose about 5 marks out of a paper that has 75 marks in it to get an A* in a maths paper you can put in all the work in the world but flopping 1 question out of about 24 stops you getting an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Its got a bit of luck as well, considering you can only loose about 5 marks out of a paper that has 75 marks in it to get an A* in a maths paper you can put in all the work in the world but flopping 1 question out of about 24 stops you getting an A*
    I wouldnt agree thats luck though. You can only 'flop' a question if you havent best prepared yourself for it. I guess, theres only so much we can intake too its crazy how one exm, one question judges us on a whole years work.

ReputationRep:
    I've done everything so far that I need to today, the timetable is there to insure at each session I get at least half of it done
    Lol ohh i get ya

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt agree thats luck though. You can only 'flop' a question if you havent best prepared yourself for it. I guess, theres only so much we can intake too its crazy how one exm, one question judges us on a whole years work.
    You can prepare all you want and probably 99/100days you would get the question right but on the day you just cant notice it. Also some essay based subjects are very subjective and ambiguous like business which drives me nuts.

ReputationRep:
    Your time table is ridiculous

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.