Add science B
    Eng lang B
    Eng lit B
    Business B
    Geography B
    Food Tech C
    and like PE/IT BTECs which tend to be of no signifiance

2As 6Bs 1C

Dont have ambitions on being a medic or anything which requires x A*s but this is what I sadly have. My school was 2 years old, it was reformed after the previous school was in special measures. I don't think I worked the hardest I could but support from the school was poor, most my classes consisted of kids with behavioural issues.

Im in year 12 atm doing maths/further/chem/econ at the same school and got 3As in my jan exams (excluding FP1 which Im doing in the summer, and got nearly full marks in C1).

To what extent am I limited, in regards to specific courses/universities?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Your in luck, alot of top universitys do not look so much on GCSE's, for example cambridge as they say that post 16 a levels are the best decider to degree success at Cambridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKBrah)
    So I got these:

Maths A
    Media A
    Core Science B
    Add science B
    Eng lang B
    Eng lit B
    Business B
    Geography B
    Food Tech C

2As 6Bs 1C

Dont have ambitions on being a medic or anything which requires x A*s but this is what I sadly have. My school was 2 years old, it was reformed after the previous school was in special measures. I don't think I worked the hardest I could but support from the school was poor, most my classes consisted of kids with behavioural issues.

Im in year 12 atm doing maths/further/chem/econ at the same school and got 3As in my jan exams (excluding FP1 which Im doing in the summer, and got nearly full marks in C1).

Thanks
    Don't touch LSE, they will bite... most other universities should be fine for you, I'd apply to Cambridge rather than Oxford if you choose to though

ReputationRep:
    So I got these:

Maths A
    Media A
    Core Science B
    Add science B
    Eng lang B
    Eng lit B
    Business B
    Geography B
    Food Tech C

2As 6Bs 1C

Thanks
    Unless it's medicine, then your GCSEs almost have no bearing on your UCAS application and offers as long as you smash your AS exams (also, get your referee to mention your UMS scores if you get, say, >90%). I'd be wary of Oxford/ LSE though who seem to put more emphasis on GCSEs than most

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Don't touch LSE, they will bite... most other universities should be fine for you, I'd apply to Cambridge rather than Oxford if you choose to though
    I wanted to go LSE for acturial science, will have to look elsewhere. Dont think cambridge is feasible with such grades. Guess a-levels will have to be sky high.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to go LSE for acturial science, will have to look elsewhere. Dont think cambridge is feasible with such grades. Guess a-levels will have to be sky high.
    90+ in 3 of your most relevant subjects, they honestly don't give a toss about gcses so long as you improve at alevel. Don't completely rule out LSE, if your hearts set on going there then call admissions and see what they say

ReputationRep:
    90+ in 3 of your most relevant subjects, they honestly don't give a toss about gcses so long as you improve at alevel. Don't completely rule out LSE, if your hearts set on going there then call admissions and see what they say
    Alright man, just made the thread so I can get this "failureness" off my chest.
    I suppose the summer results truely decide my future aye.

ReputationRep:
    Alright man, just made the thread so I can get this "failureness" off my chest.
    I suppose the summer results truely decide my future aye.
    yh same here, I hope I get into Cambridge or Warwick next yr then I'll be very happy. I have similar GCSEs to you, just no A's in Stem subjects and 4A*'s in media

ReputationRep:
    So I got these:

Maths A
    Media A
    Core Science B
    Add science B
    Eng lang B
    Eng lit B
    Business B
    Geography B
    Food Tech C

2As 6Bs 1C

Thanks
    When you said you had no ambitions to do medicine, did you mean you aren't interested or you don't think you'd meet the grades that med schools would expect? If the latter, did you consider the Foundation and Widening Access to Medicine Programmes? These schemes have places reserved for students in similar situations to yours - see link here... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...78&postcount=1

To succeed with this, you'd need good AS/A2 grades in Chemistry, Maths and Economics (strangely, Further Maths is not accepted by some med schools), a reference from your school which confirmed the problems with your schooling, and some volunteering and work experience for your PS.

Good luck!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    yh same here, I hope I get into Cambridge or Warwick next yr then I'll be very happy. I have similar GCSEs to you, just no A's in Stem subjects and 4A*'s in media
    Which course are you going to apply for if you don't mind me asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastaferian)
    When you said you had no ambitions to do medicine, did you mean you aren't interested or you don't think you'd meet the grades that med schools would expect? If the latter, did you consider the Foundation and Widening Access to Medicine Programmes? These schemes have places reserved for students in similar situations to yours - see link here... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...78&postcount=1

To succeed with this, you'd need good AS/A2 grades in Chemistry, Maths and Economics (strangely, Further Maths is not accepted by some med schools), a reference from your school which confirmed the problems with your schooling, and some volunteering and work experience for your PS.

Good luck!
    Hey, i meant that I don't intend on applying for medicine or any similar course which requires the best results.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but for maths, you can do well in further maths/additional fm/STEP l/ll/lll etc.
    Loads of places to make up for the gcses.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.