Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Lightheaded, tired all the time, headaches, muscle stiffness, blurry eyes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I am in my final year at uni and am coming up to my last exams, obviously a lot of stress associated with this anyway, but what is making me a lot more stressed/aggravated is this lightheadedness I am constantly feeling.

For about 2 months I have been feeling:
    -lightheaded, from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep at night, feeling like I'm drifting along with the world; kinda like I'm slightly hungover all the time, or like I have had just a couple of pints; also another good way to describe it is like when your favourite TV programme is on but you are very tired, you really want to stay up and watch it, but your body is telling you to go to bed
    -constantly wanting to go to sleep; I want to close my eyes and tilt my head back all the time, and find it very hard to get out of bed in the morning, never feeling like I get a good nights sleep, even though I get into a good routine of going to bed early, waking up at the same time everyday
    -my muscles, especially in my neck (especially on the right side as well) are quite stiff a lot of the time. During term time I do Hockey 5 times a week and so kept fit, for only the past couple of weeks I have not been exercising much, however even when I was exercising regularly I was feeling the same
    -my head feels very pressured (mainly at the front) and I often have a sore head (not so much searing pain like a headache)
    -mainly towards the end of the day my eyes get very tired and I find it hard to focus my eyes/takes a while for them to adjust to different lengths; this occasionally happens in the day/morning, but mainly late afternoon

Those are the main symptoms that seem to have arisen in the past couple of months.

About a month ago I went to my Doctor and she said to get my eyes checked, which I did and nothing came back; she also looked at my ears and said they looked fine, and blood pressure was fine, along with a load of blood tests, but not sure what they were looking for there.

Am thinking I should go back to my doctors soon, but was just wondering if anyone had any wise words?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    These sound like some of the classic symptoms of anemia, which I am suffering with at the moment. I imagine your blood test will flag this up if you do. Is there a lot of iron in your diet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meg94)
    These sound like some of the classic symptoms of anemia, which I am suffering with at the moment. I imagine your blood test will flag this up if you do. Is there a lot of iron in your diet?
    When I went to the doctors first time round, when she suggested an eye test, I also got a load of blood tests, unfortunately don't know what they tested for, but I did talk about anemia so guessing she tested for it. Nothing came back. Not sure exactly what has iron in it, but will try look it up. I had a stage before going to the doctors to try and test if specific vitamins and minerals changed how I felt, but nothing direct came of it...

Thanks for the advice so far!

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps obvious questions; are you eating and drinking properly? Are you getting enough fresh air and sunlight (sun.. in the UK ) Perhaps if you are stressed you are struggling to fight off an infection, that will flag up in the blood tests. If that doesn't show up and the symptoms carry on, maybe ask them to check for glandular fever (although the tests they do for it are quite inaccurate), they can test it by feeling the glands in your neck (may be where the neck stiffness is coming from) and by doing a specific blood test.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2013
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.