Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone I decided to start a thread since there wasn't one for this year. How is preparation going?.

ReputationRep:
    This paper is not going to be my favourite put it that way!

I am doing the British section, from Pitt to Peel, and there is so much to learn it seems. Also my teacher is a one for letting us 'find it out for ourselves' which may be something that is useful to learn for university but now is really stressing me out. I am literally about to sit down and do some more reading and note taking on this paper now after I have had said hi to my family who have just come in. How's yours going?

xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how is everyone preparing this exam is so close

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I like school)
    This paper is not going to be my favourite put it that way!

I am doing the British section, from Pitt to Peel, and there is so much to learn it seems. Also my teacher is a one for letting us 'find it out for ourselves' which may be something that is useful to learn for university but now is really stressing me out. I am literally about to sit down and do some more reading and note taking on this paper now after I have had said hi to my family who have just come in. How's yours going?

xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I dont understand you are you doing nazi or not?:curious:

ReputationRep:
    My predictions are
    youth
    churches
    war
    consolidation of power

We need more people in this thread!
    I thought this was a popular unit

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing British India?

ReputationRep:
    History unit 2M specifically refers to life in Nazi Germany, so no one will be doing British India in this thread...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what came up in Jan?

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling section 1 will come up. Not too sure whether to revise sec 3 or 4 though! Quite confused because its so unpredictable!

ReputationRep:
    Section 3 chapter 6 came up in jan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Filch's cat)
    Section 3 chapter 6 came up in jan.
    But what specifically?

ReputationRep:
    The police state, conformity and resistance

ReputationRep:
    The police state, conformity and resistance
    Do you know what the actual Q's were and what do you think will come up?

ReputationRep:
    Vaguely. The que on the police state had something to do with control over German people. And well me personally I actually think it's better to revise things that have come up because it's easier but more importantly because the AS American history exam I just did involved the same sections that had come up for the past 3 years! And one section hasn't come up in 3 years and it wasn't on the paper, I was so angry lol so now I'm just going to revise sec 1,2 and 3. 2 of them will definitely come up anyway and it'll be easier than starting section 4 which in my opinion may not come up, Not too sure but this seems the most logical thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    The consolidation of power is a definite must in my opinion (sec 1) and after that it's a a win win situation. Because if you do sec 2 and 3 you'll be sorted to answer 2 of 3 questions in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    this is really a hard gamble!

ReputationRep:
    I know right but after the American history exam predictions being a complete fail I'm going to have to do this. :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the loss of the American colonies and we were literally taught the war of independence a week ago, this exam is not gonna go well :c
    After what happened with Unit 1 in January (same topic came up twice in a row) I don't think predicting the topics is going to be an option anymore.
    The sources really annoy me, they never make sense and it takes half an hour to find vague similarities and differences that hardly relate to your own knowledge. Guh.
    Good luck guys, if it makes you feel any better, I'm far from prepared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L_Vieru)
    I'm doing the loss of the American colonies and we were literally taught the war of independence a week ago, this exam is not gonna go well :c
    After what happened with Unit 1 in January (same topic came up twice in a row) I don't think predicting the topics is going to be an option anymore.
    The sources really annoy me, they never make sense and it takes half an hour to find vague similarities and differences that hardly relate to your own knowledge. Guh.
    Good luck guys, if it makes you feel any better, I'm far from prepared
    I'm retaking this unit and i can give you some tips
    Source questions:
    Look at who is writing sopade,gestapo,sd, hitler .. whoever that is an important part for the 'your own knowledge' mark
    Always relate all your differences to the question 'how far it was .....'
    try to make quotes to highlight the main areas the differ
    partb
    define important words like 'conform' 'opposition' 'resistance'these words have some special meaning that can help you structure your answer and show them your thinking of the question

For quetsion that state:
    How far was X the cause of Y.....
    answer it by saying
    X caused y because.....3points
    then argue X did not cause y because.....2points
    or X did not cause Y as there are more important factors that might have caused y. 3 factors
    Conclusion
    This is just basic guide that could be applied for most part b questions I hope it was helpful i can explain anything if you want me to goodluck

ReputationRep:
    I know right but after the American history exam predictions being a complete fail I'm going to have to do this. :/
    I really feel
    Consolidation
    Youth
    Churches would come up
    and if you look at the paper the final years always come up so thats almost something people should read

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.