Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The other night i had more than a few drinks, was really drunk and was passing out in the chair i was sitting on in my friends room. So i got up and got into the bed she was in (both fully clothed) fell passed out within a minute or two (She has a tiny room with only a bed and a chair). She said she tried to wake me up but i was out cold. Anyways i woke up a couple of hours later was like wtf, got up went home and fell asleep for another few hours.

I'm currently in a relationship of 6 months with a girl who is overseas at the moment and i'm going to visit her in a couple of weeks. Until tonight i hadn't really thought twice about what happened but thinking back now i'm starting to feel a little guilty for doing this. I mean nothing happened, no contact nor did i think about it for a second. However i'm a little scared to tell my gf (especially before i go over there) as i don't know how she'll react. Do you think it is worth telling her or just not mentioning it if it actually meant NOTHING?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DylanJ2013)
    The other night i had more than a few drinks, was really drunk and was passing out in the chair i was sitting on in my friends room. So i got up and got into the bed she was in (both fully clothed) fell passed out within a minute or two (She has a tiny room with only a bed and a chair). She said she tried to wake me up but i was out cold. Anyways i woke up a couple of hours later was like wtf, got up went home and fell asleep for another few hours.

I'm currently in a relationship of 6 months with a girl who is overseas at the moment and i'm going to visit her in a couple of weeks. Until tonight i hadn't really thought twice about what happened but thinking back now i'm starting to feel a little guilty for doing this. I mean nothing happened, no contact nor did i think about it for a second. However i'm a little scared to tell my gf (especially before i go over there) as i don't know how she'll react. Do you think it is worth telling her or just not mentioning it if it actually meant NOTHING?
    You weren't yourself. Everyone does crazy stuff while drunk, don't dwell on it. Consider it a mistake you won't repeat.

ReputationRep:
    You were FULLY clothed? Your girlfriend is probably going to break up with you, but you have to tell her otherwise it will eat away at you over time.

ReputationRep:

I really doubt that she'd break up with you for that, but it's worth telling her! How would you feel if she was the one who slept in the same bed as a male friend of hers?

ReputationRep:
    As innocent as it is, always think about how you'd feel if it was your partner telling you they'd done it. It's way too easy to rationalise things to yourself sometimes.

That's a no-no in my opinion, unless you're GF is totally cool/friends with the girl and you know she wouldn't have an issue. And I mean know, not think. Then again, maybe I'm a bit jaded, but hey, if you both keep your boundries then it helps to avoid a lot of useless tension, drama and suspicion.

ReputationRep:
    The words "slept in a female friend's bed" sounds really bad due to the connotations of "bed" as a place for sex. However a bed has another use called sleeping. There is no need to mention this. You wouldn't tell your gf that you sat in your female friend's chair now would you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emre944)
    You weren't yourself. Everyone does crazy stuff while drunk, don't dwell on it. Consider it a mistake you won't repeat.
    Going to sleep is really crazy?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Personally I don't see the problem, you're friends and you didn't sleep you passed out or whatever.. idk.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing happened - you slept in someone else's bed. There's really no issue. However, she may overreact if you tell her, so it might be best to keep it to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuy)
    Going to sleep is really crazy?
    No, going to sleep in somebody else's bed is unusual, maybe not crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    Personally I don't see the problem, you're friends and you didn't sleep you passed out or whatever.. idk.
    I agree

Don't see the problem really; she's a friend and you passed out in her bed... big deal?

ReputationRep:
    I've slept in many mates beds male and female and nothing happened so I don't really see the problem with sleeping in a mates bed fair enough if something happened then yeah but if all you did was sleep and leave once you got up I see no problem with it

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell her, it's just gonna cause unnecessary tension. You know nothing happened, so it's no big deal.

Maybe learn to control your drinking in the future.

ReputationRep:

Don't be silly man. If your girlfriend would get upset by something as petty as this then you are better off without her.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Probably not worth telling your girlfriend if nothing happened

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your friendship really. I share a bed with my male friends when I go to stay with them and there's not even a suggestion of anything inappropriate, so if I was with someone I wouldn't be at all worried about them knowing I slept in the same bed as an opposite sex friend. But if you don't normally have the kind of friendships with girls where you'd be happy sharing a bed, then it's going to look a bit sus.

ReputationRep:

You have really done nothing wrong. So you fell asleep in a bed? Nothing wrong with that. Calm down!
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    If you really have to tell her, say it in a jokey way rather than a serious one that lets her make a deal out of it. Just say 'Hah the other night I passed out from drinking, [Friend] ended up putting me to bed'. If you make a deal out of it your gf will feel like she has to react badly..

ReputationRep:
    Nothing happened.... If something did that would be different so I'd just see this as a "sleepover" lol

ReputationRep:

So nothing happened, you didn't want anything to happen, and you were passed out/drunkenly flaccid so couldn't do anything regardless?

*WOPOOSH!*

Come on, son! You got whiplash.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.