Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

i have applied to do teaching at wolverhampton and another course there (childhood studies - conditional offer).

I have a interview for BEd Early primary education on the 17th april 2013, and i have no idea what to expect etc.

I took out a gap year, so i finished college in 2012 and i have a job in a school as a playleader which started this year - jan 2013. When i was applying to the uni, on my personal statement (PS) i wrote i will be working as a playleader and looking at the curriclums. However, when i started i found out, i will not have any curriclums to follow! It is a 2 hour shift everday where i just set up activites for reception to year 6 using a games book!

i do not know what the uni will ask, etc. All they have asked for is my quailifacations!

i got two weeks to prepare!

Need some help please?!?!
    much appreciated! thanks! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bainsxxx)
    Hello!

i have applied to do teaching at wolverhampton and another course there (childhood studies - conditional offer).

I have a interview for BEd Early primary education on the 17th april 2013, and i have no idea what to expect etc.

I took out a gap year, so i finished college in 2012 and i have a job in a school as a playleader which started this year - jan 2013. When i was applying to the uni, on my personal statement (PS) i wrote i will be working as a playleader and looking at the curriclums. However, when i started i found out, i will not have any curriclums to follow! It is a 2 hour shift everday where i just set up activites for reception to year 6 using a games book!

i do not know what the uni will ask, etc. All they have asked for is my quailifacations!

i got two weeks to prepare!

Need some help please?!?!
    much appreciated! thanks! xxx
    I'd be worried about why you have a CONDITIONAL offer from a University, when you are on a gap year and already have your grades.

For the interview use some common sense and think about what they're likely ask you. Why that course? Why that Uni? Why a teacher? (if you want to be a teacher) What makes you think you'd be a good teacher? What interests you the most about the career?

Think about your job and experiences in that job - what you've learned from your job so far (include things such as any specific regulations or conventions you're aware of).

ReputationRep:
    first of all, thanks for replying to this!

My work collegue got the same offer too and its due to waiting on a letter the uni will send us to ask to come in and give quaficiations; they wanted proof. It told me on UCAS.

Yeah thanks, i thought of them. Do you have any tips as in like good things i could say because i always sound like i cant say whats on my mind properly as i talk alot and then it just ends up confusing people!

so nervous xx

THANKS!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.