Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

i have applied to do teaching at wolverhampton and another course there (childhood studies - conditional offer).

I have a interview for BEd Early primary education on the 17th april 2013, and i have no idea what to expect etc.

I took out a gap year, so i finished college in 2012 and i have a job in a school as a playleader which started this year - jan 2013. When i was applying to the uni, on my personal statement (PS) i wrote i will be working as a playleader and looking at the curriclums. However, when i started i found out, i will not have any curriclums to follow! It is a 2 hour shift everday where i just set up activites for reception to year 6 using a games book!

i do not know what the uni will ask, etc. All they have asked for is my quailifacations!

i got two weeks to prepare!

Need some help please?!?!
    much appreciated! thanks! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bainsxxx)
    Hello!

i have applied to do teaching at wolverhampton and another course there (childhood studies - conditional offer).

I have a interview for BEd Early primary education on the 17th april 2013, and i have no idea what to expect etc.

I took out a gap year, so i finished college in 2012 and i have a job in a school as a playleader which started this year - jan 2013. When i was applying to the uni, on my personal statement (PS) i wrote i will be working as a playleader and looking at the curriclums. However, when i started i found out, i will not have any curriclums to follow! It is a 2 hour shift everday where i just set up activites for reception to year 6 using a games book!

i do not know what the uni will ask, etc. All they have asked for is my quailifacations!

i got two weeks to prepare!

Need some help please?!?!
    much appreciated! thanks! xxx
    I'd be worried about why you have a CONDITIONAL offer from a University, when you are on a gap year and already have your grades.

For the interview use some common sense and think about what they're likely ask you. Why that course? Why that Uni? Why a teacher? (if you want to be a teacher) What makes you think you'd be a good teacher? What interests you the most about the career?

Think about your job and experiences in that job - what you've learned from your job so far (include things such as any specific regulations or conventions you're aware of).

ReputationRep:
    first of all, thanks for replying to this!

My work collegue got the same offer too and its due to waiting on a letter the uni will send us to ask to come in and give quaficiations; they wanted proof. It told me on UCAS.

Yeah thanks, i thought of them. Do you have any tips as in like good things i could say because i always sound like i cant say whats on my mind properly as i talk alot and then it just ends up confusing people!

so nervous xx

THANKS!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2013

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.