Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for uni later this year for medicine (and so where I study doesn't really have any an impact on my future career prospects) and am wondering which universities have the best social lives for students? Oh and don't say 'London Met' or anything like that... they need to offer medicine as a course - so pretty much only the Russell group.

At the moment the four I'm thinking of applying to are:
    University of Manchester
    Newcastle University
    Imperial College
    University of Nottingham

Has anybody been to these unis? and if so could you share your opinion on the social life there? Or if anyone has been to any other of the Russell group unis I would love to hear what you have to say!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Any university in a decent sized city will have good access to nightlife, and medics always have a 'work hard, play hard' reputation, so I don't think you'll have any problems with the unis on your list.

Whilst which university you go to won't affect your career prospects, you would be wise to look at how the course is taught. Apparently Manchester has quite a distinctive style of teaching, focused around problem based learning. Others will teach differently, and different ways are good for different people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.