Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I need some advice. I've got three offers from universities, they're all the same grades and I need to choose which ones I'm going to accept offers from.

1) University of Exeter

2) University of Kent

3) University of Cardiff

Now I'm planning on making Exeter my first choice, it seems to be the best of the three.
    The other two make for a harder choice, because one is a Russell Group University and the other one is closer to London. I quite like Kent at least from what I've read and seen online but the accommodation seems a bit crappy looking and expensive, plus it seems like half of my sixth form have places there which isn't really a positive thing. Cardiff seems to have a longer history and it gets more money from the state. Everyone has told me that Cardiff is a great city for night life and that's kinda important to me.

So overall these two universities seem pretty close in rankings tables, but I'd like to know which is more respected and which gives me a higher chance of admission for a good graduate course or a job.

The offers are all AAB btw, and I've applied for straight LLB courses at all of them.

Thanks for any help.

I firmed Exeter and I am so happy with my decision. I received 5 offers so was able to have my pick. However, my offer was AAA and I also got into QM which is A*AA but I thought Exeter would be the better choice. I chose Newcastle as my insurance with the same offer (AAA) but it was really just to have something there rather than a back up! I would go with the other Russell Group (Cardiff) as your insurance. Most firms will say that those are the universities they target. Especially if you manage to get a 1st. One of the reasons I chose Exeter was that NO ONE I know goes there. About half my year are in Newcastle and I wanted a fresh start so I can see where you are coming from. You still have until May to make your decision so don't be too hasty. Maybe do a bit more research into the unis which may prove useful. Look at what you would prefer in terms of nightlife, area, course etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.