Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Underrated and overrated rock/metal bands Watch

ReputationRep:
    Every Time I Die and Disturbed are quite underrated.

On the other hand, there's Tool who are revered as demi-gods.

ReputationRep:
    Disturbed are one of the worst live bands I have ever seen.

Every Time I Die are brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Bring Me The Horizon are seriously underrated. People judge them based on their first album and the way they looked at the time, and don't realise that their last two albums (TIAH and Sempiternal) are absolute masterpieces. Crossfaith and One Ok Rock are extremely underrated, probably because they're from Japan. They're really gaining traction recently though. Bleed From Within and The Color Morale are also very underrated.

Bullet for my valentine are overrated as ****, as are Escape the Fate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    Disturbed are one of the worst live bands I have ever seen.

Every Time I Die are brilliant.
    Really? I've seen some livers on youtube and they don't seem so bad.

(Original post by forfrosne)
    Bring Me The Horizon are seriously underrated. People judge them based on their first album and the way they looked at the time, and don't realise that their last two albums (TIAH and Sempiternal) are absolute masterpieces. Crossfaith and One Ok Rock are extremely underrated, probably because they're from Japan. They're really gaining traction recently though. Bleed From Within and The Color Morale are also very underrated.

Very true. Same with Whitechapel. Some of their songs are just gold.

Temper temper was ****ing hideous. Disgraceful.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashir)
    Really? I've seen some livers on youtube and they don't seem so bad.

Very true. Same with Whitechapel. Some of their songs are just gold.

Temper temper was ****ing hideous. Disgraceful.
    I watched them at Download in 2011 and I don't know if it was just a bad day for them but it was just so dull.

(Original post by forfrosne)

I agree that Sempiternal is just incredible. I don't know many bands that have improved so much throughout their career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    I watched them at Download in 2011 and I don't know if it was just a bad day for them but it was just so dull.
    They go on and off.

Steven Wilson, overrated.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say BMTH are underrated because they do have a hell of a fanbase behind them, but I say they are up there in terms of bands that receive flak that they shouldn't. I am in complete agreement that Count Your Blessings was utter tripe, I cannot stand that album. Everything they've come out with since has been fantastic though.

As for who I think are overrated, I despise Trapped Under Ice. The lead vocalist is, hands down, my least favourite vocalist of all time. Everything else about their music is just plain boring. It's beyond me why they're becoming so popular.

ReputationRep:
    o hai guys

ReputationRep:
    overrated - morbid angel, nirvana

underrated - the 3rd and the mortal, the gathering

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.