Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. Happy Easter!
    i know there are a lot of these questions but can somebody give me some advice on the City College Norwich's access course interview?I'm getting nervous because I'm not sure what too expect on the interview, and preparation is everything!the letter says a literacy and numeracy test and an informal chat, as well as bringing a reference with me from my employer,which seems positive,but the college is really good and it all seems too easy!
    Also,any advice on the humanities and social sciences course/interviews at other colleges would be great?!
    cheers guys
    K

ReputationRep:
    Hey I had a interview for my "Access to HE in Business Management" course in October! Seriously, I wouldn't even call it a interview, basically was as a group going over the course and what to expect, then afterwards the tutor took us out for a 1 on 1 chat, and just asked some questions like why did I choose to do it? And what do I want to do when I leave? To assess my suitability I guess, I explained I work in accounts, and want to study accounting at some university's which I have emailed, and he was really nice and sound about it, said he would see me in September and put me on the course! I think as long as you know what you wanna do when you leave roughly, you'll be fine!

Milan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    College is easy to get in to they accept almost everyone. It's university that is hard to get in to.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Milan,that's settled my mind!did you have to do the tests before? and if so how hard where they?Also were you in the building next to St. Andrews church?I've never been there before but it looks nice!

ReputationRep:
    Thats alright! Nope, no test's..... was just a chat and talking about things and then offered a place! really laid back about it all, but as your doing a different Access Course it maybe a bit different? but I would not have thought so!

I was in the main Ipswich Road City College building, I have never been in there either but have as well just walked past there loads! Just waiting till September now to start studying...

ReputationRep:
    My GCSEs weren't terrific.Cs across the board,so that may be why I guess!well I'm quite looking forwards to it now!did you have a good reference to take with you?and also,how are you finding he finance side?

ReputationRep:
    Well I got only a few C's and mostly D's! So that's better then me... Very strange! I don't think you'll even have one but good luck if you do! When did you do your GCSE's? As I'm 19 so only finished them 3 years ago so maybe that's why it's different.... I didn't take a reference I don't think.... Pretty sure I didn't! Just a positive attitude to it and with a planned out future which the guy really liked!! Well the course is free as far as been told, just a minor things have to pay for! I am gonna try and get a part-time job to work around it also, as will need money to get me through!!

Milan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't too sure if by finance then you meant the cost's or my job as accounts and etc!! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22,23 when the course would start in September,so I guess I finished my GCSEs 7 years ago in may!wow that seems a long time ago.The letter I received said I would have to take a maths and English test on a computer and a shirt written test as well as bringing a reference.hiwever it does say no place is offered without a reference so hopefully I will know there and then! I have also done a level 3 course previously so it's been more like 5 years since studying and maybe I will have to shell out the 1025 or whatever it is. Well I may take a leaf from your book and go armed with my plans for the future and a big smile!

ReputationRep:
    Have you had your Interview? How was it?

I have mine this afternoon at 1 - am a tad nervous but i had an interview a couple of years ago, so kind of know what to expect (had a baby instead haha)

x

ReputationRep:
    It's okay really. You do an English and maths test in the computer room, the guy that helps was quite funny and chilled everyone out with his bad jokes.The tests are okay,just to see where you are. Then you have a chat about what you want to do with one of the tutors, again really nice people. Good luck

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.