Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For over a year now I've been infatuated with this girl,I find her extremely attractive and we seem to click very well!However when I first started liking her she was with her boyfriend,so I thought the best thing to do would be to let her get on with her relationship.

During the time I did like her my friends and her friends always used to tease us by saying each others name's,but I knew nothing could've happened then.However on Friday I saw her at my friends party and we just clicked again even though we hadn't talked for over 6 months,she was talking to me for majority of the party even though her friends were elsewhere dancing.She seemed really friendly and was constantly holding my hand throughout the party.

When I asked her if she was still with her Boyfriend she replied with a not so sure face and quickly changed the topic but when I asked her friend later she confirmed that she was still with him.I texted her throughout yesterday and today but I really don't know where I stand? What should I do?I REALLY like her lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo_94)
    For over a year now I've been infatuated with this girl,I find her extremely attractive and we seem to click very well!However when I first started liking her she was with her boyfriend,so I thought the best thing to do would be to let her get on with her relationship.

During the time I did like her my friends and her friends always used to tease us by saying each others name's,but I knew nothing could've happened then.However on Friday I saw her at my friends party and we just clicked again even though we hadn't talked for over 6 months,she was talking to me for majority of the party even though her friends were elsewhere dancing.She seemed really friendly and was constantly holding my hand throughout the party.

When I asked her if she was still with her Boyfriend she replied with a not so sure face and quickly changed the topic but when I asked her friend later she confirmed that she was still with him.I texted her throughout yesterday and today but I really don't know where I stand? What should I do?I REALLY like her lol
    Move on mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Probably going to be for the best for you to move on and try to meet someone else. Unless she herself finishes her relationships and wants to start one with you. It will be tough but better in the long run

ReputationRep:

She's obviously happy with someone else so I think you should just accept that and move on. Sorry you've had feelings for her for such a long time though. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    She's a **** tease - move on!

ReputationRep:
    But do I just stop talking to her?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    If that helps you move on, then yes.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she doesn't know what she wants, be honest and open with her and see what she thinks.

ReputationRep:
    She recently told me that her and her boyfriend are not together at the moment but 'its complicated' what to do now :/

ReputationRep:
    She recently told me that her and her boyfriend are not together at the moment but 'its complicated' what to do now :/
    If it's 'complicated' then it's impossible to say what the state of their relationship is or whether they will stay together or not. Either way, it's probably best not to make a serious move when somebody's in the middle of a possible relationship breakdown - she probably won't be in the right frame of mind to deal with your advances and if things do get better between your crush and her partner then you'll be in a very awkward position afterwards.

I'd say leave it for now, and even if they do completely break up, don't rush in afterwards until you know that she's truly ready to move on.

ReputationRep:
    She hasn't expressed any interest in you. Don't hold on to false hope. Find somebody else, and have a real relationship instead of becoming infatuated with somebody who doesn't feel the same.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.