Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Ladies - what's the weirdest and worst way a guy has approached you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've had plenty of "freshies" (foreigners who have strong accents and are fairly new to the country) chat me up in their various usual ways, usually involving winks, stares or beeping car horns. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's experienced this.

Also I once had a chavvy boy approach me in the park. He was about 2 years younger than me and not particularly attractive. He got my attention by saying "oi" and once he had my attention the first thing he said was "you got BB?" (blackberry). I didn't have a blackberry, so he asked for my number. Needless to say I didn't give it to him.

Oh the joys of living in Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    A man once approached me at the bus stop and said I had beautiful eyes. I said 'thanks' and put my earphones back in. He sat right behind me on the bus, and when he got off he said 'I want to paint you' and handed me his card. My curiosity got the better of me and I went on his website- all of his drawings were of naked people.

I was 13 :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datpiff)
    Says it all really. I'm not talking about weird and wonderful either. Just downright weird.
    It was about 11PM at night, I hear rapid footsteps behind me, I tense, it's some ******* behind me running up to me quickly in the dark (protip: don't ****ing do this) to chat me up. He asks me if I'm "alone or with someone tonight". Bonus points for having seen me coming out of my flat and thus knowing where I live. QUALITY.

ReputationRep:
    Once when I worked at Greggs, and it was Valentines Day, I asked a customer, a young guy probably in his late teens or early 20s, what he'd like. He said "I'll have one of those please, and one of those...." and just as I was putting them into bags, he said ".... and I'll have you, wrapped up, too..."! He said that last bit much quieter than the rest, but I swear that was what he said. I just pretended I hadn't heard him, took his money, gave him his change and began serving the next customer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heirloom)
    I'm glad that my experiences are not as bad as others on this thread.
    The worst way was last Wednesday night. I was out with my friends at a club. So I'm walking to the bar some random guy, he must have been at least 40, decides to grab my waist and pull me towards him. I manage to break free and gave him daggers. Anyway latter that night I'm chatting to another man and the first man comes up and says I wouldn't bother with her she is obviously a lesbian.
    It seems a common theme amongst these weird men is their overinflated sense of attractiveness.
    Creeps like this seem to think they are SO attractive, any woman who doesn't immediately jump on them must be a lesbian... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaoshi)
    It was about 11PM at night, I hear rapid footsteps behind me, I tense, it's some ******* behind me running up to me quickly in the dark (protip: don't ****ing do this) to chat me up. He asks me if I'm "alone or with someone tonight". Bonus points for having seen me coming out of my flat and thus knowing where I live. QUALITY.
    Oh my! I hope he did not come back again! once I went back from a party to my house (3 min away in the daylight) and two men who were walking on the other side of the street were talking to me how cute I was. We were all alone in the street, I walked on like I hadn't heard anything and took a shortcut to my home across the church yard and then hid behind our car. I was scared as hell when I saw them coming from the yard looking for me, fortunately they went away then. I was 15 then, it was really scary!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringGenius)
    A man come up to me saying what a beautiful woman I was and offered to buy me a drink.

I guess that's not weird but i am a boy :teehee:
    LOL what did you say back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popppppy)
    I work at Subway.

A junkie looking man came in and I asked him what he would like to order,
    he said he was unfamiliar with Subway and needed some help.
    I asked him what he liked (meaning ham, chicken, etc)
    He replied with "I like the look of you".
    I immediately just walked away.

The best part is he came back a few months later and tried the same routine again :rolleyes:
    Surely instead of walking away, you should have taken his order anyway... Why didn't you just say that you yourself weren't on the menu, and suggest a sub instead...?

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I was on the tube once at around 10PM, sat next to a 30-40 yo man with my two friends opposite me, and I noticed he was trying to talk to me but I hate talking to strangers and carried on talking to my friends. Next thing I know he's all up in my ear in some fresh accent all like, "don't tell her but your friend over there is very beautiful". I just burst out laughing and gave him a strange look. He got off at the same stop as my friend :eek: but luckily she was ok. I swear though, you get some right weirdos on the train after 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllesWirdGut)
    A man once approached me at the bus stop and said I had beautiful eyes. I said 'thanks' and put my earphones back in. He sat right behind me on the bus, and when he got off he said 'I want to paint you' and handed me his card. My curiosity got the better of me and I went on his website- all of his drawings were of naked people.

I was 13 :|
    goodness...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pride)
    Surely instead of walking away, you should have taken his order anyway... Why didn't you just say that you yourself weren't on the menu, and suggest a sub instead...?

:dontknow:
    He had no intention of making a purchase, he was high as a kite on whichever intravenous drug was the flavour of the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popppppy)
    He had no intention of making a purchase, he was high as a kite on whichever intravenous drug was the flavour of the day.
    Ahh I see

ReputationRep:
    Just the other week I was in a night club with my friend and this orangutan of a guy wouldnt leave me alone and kept slobbering all over the back of my neck!!.Had to tell him to do one in the end.....gross!!.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm.....

I was outside a trainstation and a guy came up to me with a suitcase, said his GF had just kicked him out, asked me where I was getting the train to, paid for my ticket, then told me he was a pilot and got from Korea to the UK in 12 minutes in his helicopter because he had a casualty of war in the chopper and needed to get back to the UK.

Then asked for my number.

He did not get it :/

ReputationRep:
    My story happened at my first night out at a club as an 18 year old for my friends birthday. Its not really the way he chatted me up, but what he did at other times. It was a friend of a friends friends boyfriend (sorry :') ) and only the boyfriend knew him. Being the only single other than this guy, he'd been given the idea I was there to be paired with him (not that I had been told this :P). I wasn't really attracted to him, or generally interested in having a relationship, so I didn't give off any signals to him, just talked to him like I would anyone.

Firstly I bent down under the table when I dropped some spare batteries I'd brought for my camera and nearly hit his head on the way up because he was looking so far over the table to see down my top (Tip: Be subtle). Not really weird, but made it a bit awkward since everyone else had gone to get drinks and I was on my own with him.

We talked for a little bit and then a silence fell. In this silence, he decided the best way to fill would be to bang his head on the table twice. I was sat there like :eek: with no idea what to do. When my friend got back I pulled her aside and said, not that she believed me, and she then revealed what he'd been told about pulling me (not her idea she said).

So decided to move past it and we went off to dance. On the dance floor, he kept trying to snake his arm around my waist to pull me over, my friend seeing this grabbed me with a cry of "LETS WALTZ" and danced off with me. We looked back over and he'd gone to a corner of the club where he was banging his head against the wall.

We went back for more drinks, and he later banged his head against the wall near the toilets. Then as we were waiting for a taxi, he kept positioning himself behind me and trying to read my texts after I'd told my friend I was texting a mutual male friend. The next day I woke up to a friend request for him, although he hadn't added his friends girlfriend or my friend, but had somehow found me anyway.

It was the most awkward club night I have ever had. If it was some random guy, could have probably just gone elsewhere, but nope, he was with us all night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringGenius)
    A man come up to me saying what a beautiful woman I was and offered to buy me a drink.

I guess that's not weird but i am a boy :teehee:
    I'm crying, this is so funny. What did you say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh actually I have another.

On one of the first days of college I asked one of the guys in my class who seemed nice if we had a practical (he was wearing a labcoat, obvs question I know :P). He responded that he in fact had a doctors fetish and was going to go feel up dead bodies later (which he described in some detail e.g. I want to move my hands up their cold dead flesh). I think it was meant to be a joke, but it just was so creepy. The detail was not needed. He tried to chat me up later after class, it did not go well.

ReputationRep:
    I remember one guy coming up to me and saying 'how about you give me a blowjob?' It wasn't really weird, it was just a bit...out of the blue :L

ReputationRep:
    It'd be interesting to hear if this kind of thing has ever happened to guys, from girls. I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    I was in the library and this guy comes and sits next to me and just stares for around 30 mins. The he goes "you look like you could be a HR assistant" and I'm there with all my Law books soo I'm pretty offended and I just blankly looked at him and then he goes "you look amazing, I'd love to take you out" I was very creeped out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.