Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Ladies - what's the weirdest and worst way a guy has approached you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    In a club, dancing with my group of friends, guy suddenly throws his scarf round my waist, pulls me out and starts shimmying and trying to dance with me. So awkward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koalagate)
    Not mine, but a friend of mine told me an excellent one. When she was around 16, she went on holiday in Tunisia with her family. They were just walking around when an older man randomly approached her parents and said he would give them 50 camels if they gave him their daughter to have as one of his wives.

Unsurprisingly, they said no.
    I know quite a few girls this has happend to whilst holidaying there, one of them was only 11 at the time as well. My sister's mate and her mum (both natural blondes, apprently highly prized in Tunisia) were nearly kipnapped whilst shopping there :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eelnais)
    Ahaha yeah it is - though I think a lot of people thought I was serious judging by the negs! Though I did read somewhere about a 90 year old man who had like twenty kids.
    If all those kids were normal id be very surprised
    He should donate himself to medical science when he passes away in the next couple of years

ReputationRep:
    When I was at work, at 9:15 on a saturday morning it was just me on the floor (work on the home department at next and it's quiet outside of peak trade) and a guy comes up and asks if we have something in he saw a few months ago etc. After a few minutes he asked me about my spare time and what I do... if I had a boyfriend, do I like clubbing... then said 'I'll be back in 15 minutes I've got a question for you'.

I begged the supervisor on menswear (on the same floor) if he could get someone to cover for me while I went to the stockroom (read: hide there) and saw the guy wandering around the ladies underwear section later on. Ew. I'm 20 and this guy was at least 40, and it was one of those mornings where I'd been late getting ready, felt a mess etc. Seriously freaky It would have been tolerable had he not been leering at me in such a gross way.

ReputationRep:
    "Hi, I'm nate dawg." In a graveyard.

I'm not joking either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koalagate)
    Not mine, but a friend of mine told me an excellent one. When she was around 16, she went on holiday in Tunisia with her family. They were just walking around when an older man randomly approached her parents and said he would give them 50 camels if they gave him their daughter to have as one of his wives.

Unsurprisingly, they said no.
    This happened to a friend of mine too, except her husband (!) was offered 100 camels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superduper9)
    You would be surprised my friend! It's happened only once to me but left me totally shell shocked! Here's what happened:

I was in costa coffee with my friend. I was sat facing the entrance. This lady, probably middle-aged, walks in a few steps and looks over in my direction. She caught my eye by smiling and then waved at me (the flirty sort of wave). I thought she had spotted her friend maybe behind me, so I ignored it at first. She then rushed over to me and said "hi, and how are you today ...." By this point, I'm totally puzzled, I stop the conversation I was having with my friend. The lady breaks the silence after a few seconds and says "oh I'm so sorry, you looked like someone who works in Sainsburys that I know really well." I said don't worry and didn't think too much of it. My friend then says to me, "I think she's trying to come onto you." I said "no way!!".

The lady gets her coffee and sits at the table next to mine, smiling happily at me. I ignore her initially. But then she says "you're a handsome young man .... how about you give me some company" still smiling as though its ok to say this to a total stranger!! I'm like "no its ok, I'm chatting to my friend here" and my friend is trying so hard not to laugh. The lady then says "Don't worry, I'm really friendly and very good company!"

All I could do was say "I think I've finished my coffee .... nice meeting you ... bye" and then made a run for the door.
    Hahaha you wasteman. You could've easily plowed that.

ReputationRep:
    I went out with my friends for a night clubbing around halloween- a random Spanish man pulls down some of the fake cobwebs and wraps it around me and tries to grind on me :erm: then asked if I wanted to go home with him...his friend also tried to do the same to my friend.

^^ has happened on several occassions when out with friends

In year 9 (a while back now) I initially took sympathy on someone as they didn't have many friends so I started to talk to him, this led to him following me home several times and following my friends and I around school :lolwut: he started to go on with how perfect everything would be despite me telling him 'no' on several occassions. It was a very creepy encounter!

Some guys at the bus station kept on wolf whistling and shouting 'come here babe' then got all angry when I put my earphones in and turned up the volume. . .they called me frigid :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I am a nervous guy and the only way I can start a conversation is by asking the time. Lol I ain't too bothered now, I won't approach girls out of sheer desperation like I used to when I went out. I just be myself.

ReputationRep:
    In a club. I'd sat down while my friends went for drinks. A man walked up to me and got down on his knees right in front of me. He then begged me 'for the chance to kiss my hand'. Apparently I was so beautiful it would make his night. I had a bf so I said no (plus, random man no thanks). He kept begging and I finally got up and walked off. He then proceeded to chase after me ON HIS KNEES and only went away when one of my male friends offered his hand up in exchange.

I hope it was a dare or he was very drunk, but it was just very odd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    "Did you just fart?"

"Because you blew me away"............ lol

ReputationRep:
    I accidently bumped into this guy with his friends in an ice skating rink (it was my 2nd time skating and Im terrible)

he turns round, and says "do you believe in fate? because i think it has brought us together"

after that he kept on following me round the rink and stopping at the same places as me and my friends.

when i went to get off, he helped me onto the walkway and asked for my number.

i said i would phone him instead ........... never did though

ReputationRep:
    In the smoking area of a club a squaddie walked up to me and with the most serious look said "I've killed 8 people." Hands down the scariest opening line I've ever heard.

ReputationRep:
    I'd noticed this guy watching me for a while and kept moving away from him. I was talking with my friend when he suddenly came up to me, put one hand on my stomach, the other on my waist and said "I have been watching you, you look very thin".
    It was insanely creepy, he then quizzed me about my entire life and demanded proof of age

I told him I had a boyfriend to make him leave me alone :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.