Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I can't seem to find anybody making UoB firm for Bsc accounting and finance.

Maybe I overlooked it. Anyhow, anybody made Birmingham firm for Bsc Accounting & Finance?

ReputationRep:
    I firmed the university of birmingham for accounting and finance BSC
    Give how not many people have firmed the course, I'm beginning to think its not very popular to be honest. That can only be good for us I guess. What was your offer if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too. Don't think UoB is popular for this course. Sigh. I'm worried that this reflects on the graduate prospect when we graduate from this course. My offer was conditional at first. Now its unconditional already.

ReputationRep:
    Its a fairly popular course. I guess there is about 100 people on the course. Then you also take lecture with people from other courses, so you'll probably have about 150 in some lectures.

ReputationRep:
    Josh how do you know its a popular course?
    Jskely, actaully the graduate prospects for when we graduate are quite high. We are likely to get employed by the top 4 accounting firms in the UK (kpmg, ernest and young, etc) after we graduate because UoB has good links with them. What grades are you sitting on right now? I was offered AAB, but I think i'm only going to get ABC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HR3194)
    Jskely, actaully the graduate prospects for when we graduate are quite high. We are likely to get employed by the top 4 accounting firms in the UK (kpmg, ernest and young, etc) after we graduate because UoB has good links with them. What grades are you sitting on right now? I was offered AAB, but I think i'm only going to get ABC.
    I do MBF at Birmingham. In first year I shared certain modules with A+F degree. I think the joint modules were Basic Accounting, Finance and Managements Accounting, General Principles of English Law.

I dont do any accounting modules in second year though, as i chose to follow economics more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HR3194)
    My offer was AAB.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! My name's Jenny and I might be joining you all in September. I actually have an unconditional offer for Business Management but have been told that i'll be able to switch onto Accounting and Finance if I wanted to...and i'm very much considering it!
    Is anyone here living at home in their first year? I am but haven't found anyone else who is yet! I've done the whole uni life thing once before (and dropped out...twice! But had an ace time along the way!) so i'm hoping to make it past Christmas this time round!

Looking forward to meeting you all x

ReputationRep:
    Im doing accounting and finance and im living at home as well. are there any facebook pages for business courses, cuz i only found only freshers and guild one.

ReputationRep:
    Accounting and finance :yay:

ReputationRep:
    I got into accounting and finance too! anyone from London going?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing accounting and finance can't find a timetable for it though! Anyone know where I can find it?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.