Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wondering whether someone can help me see whether I can run sims/tomb raider on my laptop? I've looked at the system requirements and all that but I'm still not sure if my video card will be able to take it?

Taken from dxdiag:
    Operating system: Windows 7 home premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: Fujitsu
    BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13Ghz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 4096MB Ram

Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Pentium)
    DAC Type: Internal
    Approx. Totaly Memory: 1696 MB

Taken from system and security:
    Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium (R) CPU @2.13GHZ
    System type: 64-bit Operating System

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielaandrea)
    Wondering whether someone can help me see whether I can run sims/tomb raider on my laptop? I've looked at the system requirements and all that but I'm still not sure if my video card will be able to take it?

Taken from dxdiag:
    Operating system: Windows 7 home premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: Fujitsu
    BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13Ghz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 4096MB Ram

Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Pentium)
    DAC Type: Internal
    Approx. Totaly Memory: 1696 MB

Taken from system and security:
    Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium (R) CPU @2.13GHZ
    System type: 64-bit Operating System

Thanks in advance!
    It shouldn't have much trouble with the Sims series of games, I wouldn't expect it to run Tomb Raider very well at all though.

ReputationRep:
    you will be able to run it, but not in ultra settings.

My friend has as HD7950 graphics card and he's able to max it 60fps and still experiences lag in sometimes (maybe because he plays in ultra? idk.)

But imo it's not worth getting those games if you don't have a dedicated graphics card. By that I mean you should be able to run the game in medium/high setting minimum - that is similar to xbox 360/ps3 graphics.

ReputationRep:
    The Sims yes, Tomb Raider absolutely not.

The processor and onboard graphics let it down, and the motherboard would need upgrading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Majin-)
    you will be able to run it, but not in ultra settings.

My friend has as HD7950 graphics card and he's able to max it 60fps and still experiences lag in sometimes (maybe because he plays in ultra? idk.)

But imo it's not worth getting those games if you don't have a dedicated graphics card. By that I mean you should be able to run the game in medium/high setting minimum - that is similar to xbox 360/ps3 graphics.
    The Sims 3 is very low demand specs-wise, I used to run it fine with maxed out settings on a Core 2 Duo. The CPU in her laptop launched the year after the Sims 3 was released, so it should do a passable job at very least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    The Sims 3 is very low demand specs-wise, I used to run it fine with maxed out settings on a Core 2 Duo. The CPU in her laptop launched the year after the Sims 3 was released, so it should do a passable job at very least.
    Sims will run fine... I was talking about Tomb raider (2013) it wont run on those specs very well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Majin-)
    Sims will run fine... I was talking about Tomb raider (2013) it wont run on those specs very well
    Agreed on Tomb Raider, I was just clarifying because the way you said "those games" implied that you though neither of them would run well :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Sims 3 should be fine - at low details, maybe medium tops as that game is a total ***** when it comes to efficiency. No chance for Tomb Raider though - you have an integrated graphics card, you won't really be able to run new games on it.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.