Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How do I stop doing this? Watch

I never got much attention in high school,bad hair,braces,shy etc.. but after graduating last summer and making an effort with my shyness and appereance I've been on a few dates and been flirted with etc.. (I seem to attract the geeky or artsy type guys). I've now noticed if I find out someone likes me( I am horrendous at reading 'signals' and have terrible self esteem) I suddenly find myself starting to like them back,and find little things I like about them to further make myself like them..even if I stop and think clearly about it I really dont like them..I'm just bewildred anyone could like me and feel I need to learn to accept what attention I get if any....I now realise it isn't healthy and dont know how to stop...I mean I can't get any guy I want..and the guys I actually like from afar tend to not like me back..

*so I tend to need to be told that is the case

ReputationRep:
    What's with the warning points??

(Original post by Future-doc)
    What's with the warning points??
    I'm not sure,I've noticed lots of people who go anonymous have this,when I'm not anon I don't have any warning points...

To me it seems like that you are currently in the phase where you feel being in any relationship is better than no relationship. Just remember that you have to have a gain from the relationship as well as the other person so don't rush it unless you are sure you want to spend time with x person. However you still have to be open, as although you might have not found anything special in a person that likes you, it doesn't mean that they are not, as they might have not shown it yet.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.