The Student Room Group

Studying from the textbook (help)

I am self teaching for further maths in June and I know question practice is important but what exactly do I need to take notes on to help me when I come back to it? There are lots of examples so maybe I could leave some out and write some strategies but its hard to figure out what exactly are the main points that will allow me to do well as it all seems important.

Maybe it's a bad study habit but where do you get your information from? Also how often do you practice to make sure you don't forget, so how do I avoid forgetting as that seems to happen?

hopefully this thread will help anyone else out who is struggling with this.

Original post by Jackabc
I am self teaching for further maths in June and I know question practice is important but what exactly do I need to take notes on to help me when I come back to it? There are lots of examples so maybe I could leave some out and write some strategies but its hard to figure out what exactly are the main points that will allow me to do well as it all seems important.

Maybe it's a bad study habit but where do you get your information from? Also how often do you practice to make sure you don't forget, so how do I avoid forgetting as that seems to happen?

hopefully this thread will help anyone else out who is struggling with this.

You could copy out the main examples associated with each of the main concepts.

Other than that, you should learn some standard results (the ones not given in the formula booklet are necessary to learn!)
Reply 2
Original post by Indeterminate
You could copy out the main examples associated with each of the main concepts.

Other than that, you should learn some standard results (the ones not given in the formula booklet are necessary to learn!)

It's quite weird revising for maths as you need to learn the content and practice questions.

Quick Reply

Latest