The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Be very very very evaluative. Criticise as much as posible. A good way is to say a negative critisism but follow it up with a positive criticism. They say to do two AO2 statments for every AO1 statment. If in doubt, do more!

For example,

The theory of displacement is supported by the study into the duration of STM by Peterson and Person, where counting backwards from the 3 digit number displaces the nonsnese trigram, causing the failure to recall. (AO1)
However, this study was not true to real life, as it involved unrealistic stimuli to remember. (AO2) On the other hand it was better to use a nonsense trigram as it had no meaning behind it, so it was just a neutral value for all participants to recall. (AO2) It can also be argued that not all info in the STM is displaced, some is still kept, so the displacement theory isn't concrete. (AO2)

THat might not be that good but I hope I could help =D
Reply 2
sa05
Be very very very evaluative. Criticise as much as posible. A good way is to say a negative critisism but follow it up with a positive criticism. They say to do two AO2 statments for every AO1 statment. If in doubt, do more!

For example,

The theory of displacement is supported by the study into the duration of STM by Peterson and Person, where counting backwards from the 3 digit number displaces the nonsnese trigram, causing the failure to recall. (AO1)
However, this study was not true to real life, as it involved unrealistic stimuli to remember. (AO2) On the other hand it was better to use a nonsense trigram as it had no meaning behind it, so it was just a neutral value for all participants to recall. (AO2) It can also be argued that not all info in the STM is displaced, some is still kept, so the displacement theory isn't concrete. (AO2)

THat might not be that good but I hope I could help =D

That made sense, but i'm sure thats kinda what i've been doing already!! But I know for a fact my average essays i write are around C grade standard (make up for it in the other Q's)

Latest