Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cinnie Food and Fitness Blog Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5ft 8, and have a normal BMI but i'm looking to loose a little bit of fat and feel a bit leaner before my holiday and keep myself on track from there on out.

I do 50 minutes of fast walking every day, and i'm looking to increase my yoga sessions... i'll also do some running, exercise dvd's and biking when I feel like it.

So... on the nutrition front I need to make myself accountable and spot trends/slip-ups/generally keep myself on track. xx

ReputationRep:
    What are your stats? weight? how is your diet like atm? what exercises are you planning on doing?

Looking forward to updates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    I'm 5ft 8, and have a normal BMI but i'm looking to loose about 30lb by August. My diet plan is

B: Apple or porridge (I have 40g with water and cinnamon)
    L: Peanut butter wholemeal sandwich (50kcal slices of bread)
    D: Lean protein with veggies or soup with almonds
    And a glass of red wine or an apple
    I'll have cups of tea and coffee and the odd frozen strawberry in my water.

I do 50 minutes of fast walking every day, and i'm looking to increase my yoga sessions and burn about 150-250 calories on the exercise bike every evening. When on the bike I also work on my arms by using weights, and have a heart rate monitor to improve accuracy and changing intensity.

Unless you really enjoy flapping around whilst on the bike you may as well ditch this and just up the resistance/speed. Not really gonna do much of anything for your arms if the weights at light enough that you can keep at it indefinitely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    Unless you really enjoy flapping around whilst on the bike you may as well ditch this and just up the resistance/speed. Not really gonna do much of anything for your arms if the weights at light enough that you can keep at it indefinitely.
    Oh ok, it gets my heart rate up though so that's got to be a good thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    Oh ok, it gets my heart rate up though so that's got to be a good thing?
    The bike alone should be enough to do that.

Running or cycling/stationary bikes with weights, especially in the manner done by most people, is basically pointless. More beneficial to do the weights properly and separately.

ReputationRep:
    4/7/13

Explanation -

It has taken me a really long time to start posting in this blog because I wasn't sure whether it was a good idea. However I think it's time I weighed myself today and I have about 12 pounds to loose. I know this isn't going to be possible before my holiday next month so i'm just going to stop weighing myself and stop stressing.

Food
    Spoiler:
    Show

Bowl of cheerio's with skimmed
    A cup of raspberries 250

A ham and chive cottage cheese toastie 300

Sun bites crisps and an options hot chocolate with added coffee 200

Weight watchers lasagne and salad for dinner later 400

+50 = 1200

60 minutes fast walking, 15 minutes yoga

Not been hungry at all and i've worked out a nice routine. I've lost absolutely nothing since I started but have unfortunately letting myself have 2 'cheat days' on the weekend has been an invitation for completely loosing it and binging So i'm really trying to stop that. I'm going to stop weighing myself and just go by how much I can pinch

ReputationRep:
    I would up the calories to 1500 so you have less chance of binging on the weekends. One binge day can lose several days progress if you're not careful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    I understand , but my binges are never through hunger, purely emotional and disordered unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    5/7/13

I won't have time to post tonight - the family is coming round for a party this evening. There will be loads of booze and food around so that will be interesting. The danger zone will be when they all leave because there might be loads of leftovers. I need to remember that I can make them last.....

Food
    Spoiler:
    Show

Cheerio's with skimmed
    1/2 an apple = 250

Slice of toast with 1 scrambled egg and some cottage cheese.
    + packet of watsits = 300

Before people come, so in about an hour, i'm gonna have another bowl of cereal, so that i'm not too hungry this evening (although it's too warm to be hungry tbh) = 200

So I can have 400 of booze and nibbles this evening... probably 2 beers and a few crisps/nuts

Edit Ended up 550

so +50 (I always add an estimate for milk in tea, diet drinks and chewing gum) = 1350

I did 200kcal on the exercise bike and 15 minutes of yoga.. oh and I threw out loads of my clothes. Some are too big for me and some are too small (have to accept i'll never be a size 6 again!!)

ReputationRep:
    6/7/13

Saturday is my diet day off - didn't overdo it, woo A lot of the calories have been guess work unfortunately.

Food
    Spoiler:
    Show

Cheerio's with skimmed, a hot chocolate = 250

Small plate of random tapas - olives and garlic, crackers and dip, crisps, cherry tomatoes = 300

Another small plate = 300

Slice of quiche, with random tapas = 600

Slice of chocolate cake = 400

= 1850

Unusually, I just had a slow walk today, i'll do some yoga later.

ReputationRep:
    Subbed have fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    Subbed have fun!
    Me too good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck :>

ReputationRep:
    7/7/13

Food
    Spoiler:
    Show

Cheerio's with skimmed, bite of sisters sandwich - 250

Some quiche, carrot sticks with guacamole - 300

Sun bites crisps, an apple - 200

Just had 4 small meatballs, salad and cottage cheese - 400

+50 = 1200

Did 45 minute walk and about 10 mins of abs.

ReputationRep:
    8/7/13

Food
    Spoiler:
    Show

Porridge with berries and seeds - 250

Large bag of watsits 150

Sushi snack pack, apple, mini pear drop - just under 300

later....
    Mini twister 45

Quiche, salad, olives and garlic, probs some cottage cheese - 400

Did 40 mins of walking.. 20 mins of exercise bike later and probably some yoga

ReputationRep:
    9/7/13

10st 1 this morning (5ft8), which I think is slightly inaccurate as it's about to be that time of the month... and we're notorious for retaining water at this time.

Food
    Spoiler:
    Show

Well today has been.... not too successful and it's only 4pm. I've had about 1700, not enough to loose but as long as I maintain i'm taking it on the chin and not beating myself up over it

I've done 30 mins of walking
    20 mins of 155-160 BPM stationary bicycle with hand weights.

ReputationRep:
    10/7/13

Spoiler:
    Show

20 mins walking, some of the 30 day shred workout, and a little bit on the exercise bike.

ReputationRep:
    Is that porridge with berries? Looks yum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    Is that porridge with berries? Looks yum
    Yeah I put in strawberries, blackberries and a few almonds and raisins

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.