Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What does 'not as interested mean'? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question as I am doing stuff.

Context: There was this burd who contacted me on Pof. We changed Facebooks, phone numbers and so on. There was about 500 messages in five days on Facebook. The messages in those five days, (and the phone calls/Facetime) were the most stimulating, sexual, loving experience it was possible to have electronically. Even though I do not believe in such things I believed her to be my soulmate.

Afterwords conversation became awkward and mostly consisted of exchanging pleasantries. I had a while to wait to meet her because she had her dissertation to finish. I became convinced that she was losing interest.

Come the night before our meeting, she had not messages me to arrange the time of our meeting. I asked 'You up for this drink?'

She replied (minus the customary love heart) 'I totally forgot to message you today, I was working on my dissertation, do you want to rearrange for next week?' and then the was a series of frosty exchanges. I was drunk (as I tend to be, as well as having taken lots of of caffien pills for no reason) and sense an e-dump via blocking coming (my previous and first shortlived girlfriend did this) so I pre-emptively blocked her. My phone rang. I ignored it. She later texted saying she wasn't going to block me, and then I accepted her phone call. I asked her if she was still interested and she said 'I'm not as interested' 'I have to be honest' 'Maybe I'll feel different in the morning' 'I'll text you tommorow'.

The text never came. That was Thursday night. Here work is due Monday. She really fancied me previously. We were so perfectly compatible. Is there hope, or should I just get another warm body to forget about her?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)

Context: There was this burd who contacted me on Pof. We changed Facebooks, phone numbers and so on. There was about 500 messages in five days on Facebook. The messages in those five days, (and the phone calls/Facetime) were the most stimulating, sexual, loving experience it was possible to have electronically. Even though I do not believe in such things I believed her to be my soulmate.

Afterwords conversation became awkward and mostly consisted of exchanging pleasantries. I had a while to wait to meet her because she had her dissertation to finish. I became convinced that she was losing interest.

Come the night before our meeting, she had not messages me to arrange the time of our meeting. I asked 'You up for this drink?'

She replied (minus the customary love heart) 'I totally forgot to message you today, I was working on my dissertation, do you want to rearrange for next week?' and then the was a series of frosty exchanges. I was drunk (as I tend to be, as well as having taken lots of of caffien pills for no reason) and sense an e-dump via blocking coming (my previous and first shortlived girlfriend did this) so I pre-emptively blocked her. My phone rang. I ignored it. She later texted saying she wasn't going to block me, and then I accepted her phone call. I asked her if she was still interested and she said 'I'm not as interested' 'I have to be honest' 'Maybe I'll feel different in the morning' 'I'll text you tommorow'.

The text never came. That was Thursday night. Here work is due Monday. She really fancied me previously. We were so perfectly compatible. Is there hope, or should I just get another warm body to forget about her?.

1) Sorry but if your "previous and shortlived gf" blocked you on POF, that is not classed as a gf.

2) You just sound like you could overdose any second due to rejection? Blocking her for no reason made alarm bells ring

3) Learn to give less of a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePauper)
    1) Sorry but if your "previous and shortlived gf" blocked you on POF, that is not classed as a gf.

2) You just sound like you could overdose any second due to rejection? Blocking her for no reason made alarm bells ring

3) Learn to give less of a f***

1: Well it lasted two months, she was merely a *****. She blocked me on FB, not POF. We met, had sex and the like.

2: I am highly insecure and am perfectly aware of this. Overdosing seems hasty.

3: I am in the process of doing this but cannot relinquish all of the ****s I possess at once.

ReputationRep:
    1: Well it lasted two months, she was merely a *****.

2: I am highly insecure and am perfectly aware of this. Overdosing seems hasty.

3: I am in the process of doing this but cannot relinquish all of the ****s I hold at once.
    The sooner you inject yourself with some confidence, the sooner you can look down at all this minor bull. Value yourself a bit more. If you sell yourself at a low price, you will be bought at a low price. Simples. Go out and have fun with your boys.

Edit: the fact that you edited the post to highlight the fact that you had sex with her, makes me think you didnt..... just my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePauper)
    The sooner you inject yourself with some confidence, the sooner you can look down at all this minor bull. Value yourself a bit more. If you sell yourself at a low price, you will be bought at a low price. Simples. Go out and have fun with your boys.

Edit: the fact that you edited the post to highlight the fact that you had sex with her, makes me think you didnt..... just my opinion
    I'm much more confident than I used to be. I couldn't previously even get on a bus or say hi to a woman. My confidence is still inadequate for everyday life, but is still 106% better than it was a year ago. If current levels of increase can be maintained, I will have M.Bison levels of confidence within three years.

I have no boys with whom to go out. My friends are all heroin addicts and wierdos.

Re: Edit. We had sex twice, at her house. There relationship was more electronic than in the flesh however. Believe me if you like.

ReputationRep:
    You blocked her and ignored her phone call just because she asked you to re-arrange, I expect that put her off.

She hadn't met you and had only been talking to you for 5 days so she had nothing invested in it and probably decided that it wasn't worth meeting you and getting involved with you if that's how you were going to act before you'd even met her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizlaz350)
    You blocked her and ignored her phone call just because she asked you to re-arrange, I expect that put her off.

She hadn't met you and had only been talking to you for 5 days so she had nothing invested in it and probably decided that it wasn't worth meeting you and getting involved with you if that's how you were going to act before you'd even met her.
    It was three weeks I was talking to her, there was just the winding up and winding down, in between which was sandwiched five wonderful days. I ignored the phone call because I knew she would be screaming at me, and I was Facepalming at the impulsive foolishness of what I had done.

She had invested in me somewhat, as she lives in an part of Scotland with no good looking men, and had previously considered turning lesbian because of the lack of them, but then she found the 'apparently' perfect me. She largely pursued me.

Still I think I probably won't here from her again. She said that the blocking 'completely changed her opinion on me'. The intention of the blocking was defensive rather than malicious, but the effect was the same.

ReputationRep:
    pretty much agree, maybe she was actually busy with her dissertation, and the fact that you blocked her made realise you are overly clingy or something. just chill, dont place so much expectations on people and just have fun. i know it's difficult.

ReputationRep:
    You blocked her because you feared she'd do it first, then followed it up by interrogating her about if she was interested in you or not?

You sound like a crazy, needy woman, of course she will lose interest..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaterracottapie)
    pretty much agree, maybe she was actually busy with her dissertation, and the fact that you blocked her made realise you are overly clingy or something. just chill, dont place so much expectations on people and just have fun. i know it's difficult.
    I know, I know. Looking back more soberly, I have made a **** of this. I will wait it out, like the Chinaman, see if she contacts me, if she doesn't I won't contact her. I fall in love very easily, fear rejection and invest too much emotionally in people. I must practice self-restraint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mockery)
    You blocked her because you feared she'd do it first, then followed it up by interrogating her about if she was interested in you or not?

You sound like a crazy, needy woman, of course she will lose interest..

Yup. Such is me. The interrogation came before the block. She says she was interested, but I didn't believe her, as she typed frostily. I only asked once post-block, and she told me she was not as interested. Hard to know whether that equals zero interest or not, or if I will be contacted.

ReputationRep:

Dude. da***?

This is some strong... I don't even know what. But it's ****ing weird.

If you keep up like this all you're ever gonna get is other socially retarded people and I don't see a relationship between two people like you being great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    Dude. dafuk?

This is some strong... I don't even know what. But it's ****ing weird.

If you keep up like this all you're ever gonna get is other socially retarded people and I don't see a relationship between two people like you being great.
    I am indeed a whirlwind of oddness, recklessness and emotion. However My C.P.U. is a neural-net processor--a learning computer. I can change and adapt. Eventually I will triumph over life.

ReputationRep:

I don't get why people come on really strong like this, then just completely back off. It's just really annoying when people suddenly cool off on you and you get your hopes up. Anyway. I would say don't worry about it. I think the problem is maybe she is stressed and anxious about stuff in her life e.g. the dissertation, maybe you should have been less 'willing' and given her a bit more space. Next time get involved in your own work too so you don't appear tooo available. This may be off putting. If she hasn't texted sorry to say there is probably a reason for that. Just forget about her. Such is the nature of people that by the time you've forgotten about her and got on with life again, she'll be interested. This is just the way some people work. I'm sorry man. Sounds like you didn't meet your match with this one. Keep looking.

ReputationRep:
    Man if she's got any sense she'll run a mile after you've revealed your psychotic tendencies this early. Next time hide it until she's smitten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummitOfReason)
    I don't get why people come on really strong like this, then just completely back off. It's just really annoying when people suddenly cool off on you and you get your hopes up. Anyway. I would say don't worry about it. I think the problem is maybe she is stressed and anxious about stuff in her life e.g. the dissertation, maybe you should have been less 'willing' and given her a bit more space. Next time get involved in your own work too so you don't appear tooo available. This may be off putting. If she hasn't texted sorry to say there is probably a reason for that. Just forget about her. Such is the nature of people that by the time you've forgotten about her and got on with life again, she'll be interested. This is just the way some people work. I'm sorry man. Sounds like you didn't meet your match with this one. Keep looking.
    I will do this. Thank you

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Yawn11)
    Man if she's got any sense she'll run a mile after you've revealed your psychotic tendencies this early. Next time hide it until she's smitten.
    Have you no sensitivity at all? Your use of the word psychotic shows a limited and stigmatised understanding of mental illness and you come cross as incredibly ignorant and insensitive here.

There's nothing 'psychotic' about what this guy has said. He met this girl, really liked her, wanted more from her. Look his past girlfriend did this blocking and shutting him off thing to him, now how would YOU feel if someone did that to you??? Maybe just a little bit upset and rejected, you think? And if someone has upset you in the past, you often can transfer those negative feelings to new relationships. We become more hostile, less willing to trust, and above all, we think less of ourselves. Him quickly blocking this girl was NOT psychotic it just showed how much his self esteem had dropped. And excuse me, you don't even know why he has this self-opinion, you dont know what the hell has gone on his life to make him think that lowly of him self. So why don't you take your lousy unjustified IGNORANT opinion of what you think makes people 'psychotic' elsewhere. Go and take up counselling course. It might make you a better more understanding human being. And that goes for anyone else on this or any other thread who thinks they can successfully use the internet as a medium to make people with low self esteem feel even small and them bigger.

ReputationRep:
    Such oddness is what attracts women to me. I must moderate this however, and drip-feed them my essence rather than release it all at once.

I am one of the least psychotic people I know. If anything I am too sane and too sympathetic. I am merely an emotional wreck and consume too much alcohol and caffeine.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh deary me, bless your heart!!

Girls can be terrible peeps really.... She probably just chickened out, I know a lotta girls who did that on PoF. It's kinda nice to have the texting and flirting and whatnot but actually meeting up with someone is effort!! Although you blocked her and it made her mad and whatever, just write this one off, chalk it up to experience and maybe take a more casual approach the next time

ReputationRep:
    Evidently you're psycho too. TL/DR
    Hah, is that the best you can come up with?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.