Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A few weeks ago when I went to Westfield Shopping Centre, I met a representative from Studio Boutique. She said she can offer a free VIP treatment including pampering, hair styling and refreshments. So I signed up for it, anothere representative called to arrange an appointment. I am thinking to go with a friend but I wondered if anyone has done it before.I went on the website but it didn't have a lot of information. I am hoping that anyone who has used it before can share their opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't used this studio but there are lots of companies which do this sort of thing but they usually offer studio photo shoots, these kinds of places are often scams or will try to get you to sign up for a package deal. I'd be very cautious, if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKGB)
    I haven't used this studio but there are lots of companies which do this sort of thing but they usually offer studio photo shoots, these kinds of places are often scams or will try to get you to sign up for a package deal. I'd be very cautious, if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.
    Yh thats what I thought..What companies would you reccommend?

ReputationRep:
    DON'T EVER GO TO STUDIO BOUTIQUE!! It's all a scam. I was sucked in and it caused me alot of stress and upset. They rang to say I'd 'won' the prize draw, but I suspect everyone does, its just a way for them to get to your money. They asked for a deposit for myself and a friend to confirm the date i was coming, of £70. Trust me, you won't ever get that deposit back! It's only afterwards that they email you with a load of terms and conditions. The actual place isn't signposted at all, and is dark, tacky and underground...you have to walk through an Estate Agent's office just to get to it!! They didn't offer me any sort of facial like they promised, just a tacky make over and photoshoot. They were extremely rude and pushy- they sat us down and tried to make us BUY every single photo (at least thirty of them)- at £70 EACH! And they didn't give me a complementary free photo like they claim to. They put extreme pressure on you- you could end up spending thousands. And of course, at the end they told me that because we were 15 minutes late as the place was so hard to find, UNDERNEATH an estate agents, (despite ringing them) they were keeping the deposit as we'd wasted their time. They are thieves-please take my advise, it was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made signing up to this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ctfair)
    DON'T EVER GO TO STUDIO BOUTIQUE!! It's all a scam. I was sucked in and it caused me alot of stress and upset. They rang to say I'd 'won' the prize draw, but I suspect everyone does, its just a way for them to get to your money. They asked for a deposit for myself and a friend to confirm the date i was coming, of £70. Trust me, you won't ever get that deposit back! It's only afterwards that they email you with a load of terms and conditions. The actual place isn't signposted at all, and is dark, tacky and underground...you have to walk through an Estate Agent's office just to get to it!! They didn't offer me any sort of facial like they promised, just a tacky make over and photoshoot. They were extremely rude and pushy- they sat us down and tried to make us BUY every single photo (at least thirty of them)- at £70 EACH! And they didn't give me a complementary free photo like they claim to. They put extreme pressure on you- you could end up spending thousands. And of course, at the end they told me that because we were 15 minutes late as the place was so hard to find, UNDERNEATH an estate agents, (despite ringing them) they were keeping the deposit as we'd wasted their time. They are thieves-please take my advise, it was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made signing up to this!

Oh no! I am really frustrated right now, I just paid the 70 for the booking deposit.
    Could you message me with some more details because there is no way I am going there now!!
    I will try to see if I can get a bank refund

ReputationRep:
    I hate to say it, but there's huge possibility you won't actually get your money back, no matter how much you complain. Photo studios are all about the pressure selling, and also real model agencies don't ask for money upfront for a portfolio/photos. If you need any more advice, I urge you to click onto modelscams.org - they give great advice on how to protect yourself from scammers such as Studio Boutique. There's books on this website too that suggest how about reclaiming your stolen money, maybe not all of it but some. Always worth a shot... hope it all goes okay!

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any news about what happened? The same just happened to me. I called him back but he wouldn't let me cancel. He said I will get the entire deposit back if I come on the day.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got my money back after 3 weeks. Never went there, they were really sneaky and kept calling me to confirm the appointment while they've already told me I would get the money back. I am sending you a pm.

ReputationRep:
    This just happened to me. I don't know what to do and now he isn't answering my calls :/ Also, did any of you actually get the email they claim to have sent, with all the ridiculous terms and condiitions? I didn't and I don't know if this is a one off or part of the scam? So upset by this all.

ReputationRep:
    Hey the same thing has happened to me and feel so stupid for getting sucked in. Was just wondering how you got your money back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah.e.m23)
    This just happened to me. I don't know what to do and now he isn't answering my calls :/ Also, did any of you actually get the email they claim to have sent, with all the ridiculous terms and condiitions? I didn't and I don't know if this is a one off or part of the scam? So upset by this all.
    Hey, I got the email, but after they called me to change the date of the appointment. First they book you whenever you want to take the money and then they change it and you have to compromise if you don't want to lose them.
    Going to your bank is the best chance.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.