Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Feel so lonely watch

Announcements

And down on myself. Life's given me too many blows. I'm longing for a woman at the moment and at times don't think I'm good enough.
    My family makes me feel so alone, I don't get them at all. I do find beauty in life being alone, but mayeb not for ever, especially not when there's someone special. Tonight I felt under my Dads acheivements, and my sisters partner does things in the field of the girl I like, I thought God, I couldn;t bear seeing them go on together about the sport they do. And my sis had kdis and all that but I don;t want it, anything like my families life, I want a different type of life but I care about soemone so much and want her to be with me and show her that I've got different stuff to all this. I am unemployed now but have a great place and moving on to jobs, I have many other dreams too but hard to find direction-very vry tough on myself and many obstacels. It's not that I have no spirit I'm just different and had some harsh stuff. I'm emotional, quite sensitive really. And hard on myself. I have talents but don't feel I've used them the rigth way. Feeel I've done nothing.

Tonight it hit me with all this and I want this girl so much. Am I just writng myself off a bit?

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you have a lot of things to offer this girl. Have you tried just chatting? Making yourself known to her? Show her how much you like her - it doesn't have to be all expensive roses and five-star dining you know.

Confidence is the key to success with women, and it sounds like you should have plenty of it, but you don't. I think you are selling yourself short, and you should try to find more faith in yourself.

Being different is good - not every girl wants to settle down and have kids ( I certainly don't! ) and you have a lot to offer out side of that. As for your family, they don't seem to be acting very much like a family if they make you feel alone. Perhaps you should stop trying to live up to THEIR expectations and focus more on what makes YOU happy - after all it's your life not theirs, and they should support you not bring you down. You're better off without them if all they are going to do is criticize and make you feel bad.

What you have to remember, is that even when life hits you over and over, it does make you stronger inside. It knocks you down, but you re-build stronger. I've been through far more than most people my age, and I'm a stronger person for it - and I bet you are too. You should be proud that you've had the will-power to not only survive and carry on despite all the harshness, but to keep on dreaming.

Perhaps you should try and find a new direction - away from your family Choose a dream and try and achieve it - put all these talents towards it, and invite this woman along for the ride - you could have one hell of a journey together.

Good luck x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.