Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey guys, can you help me with something please?!
    me and my boyfriend want to have sex soon. we both agreed its fine.
    but im wondering if im on day one of my period (started the same day i have sex) what is the chances of me becoming pregnant if we use a condom? im absolutely so scared of becoming pregnant literely! The pill is out of options at this moment of time for one private reason.
    What are the chances though! Im worried and we do want to do it soon and this cropped up on google so im just wondering!.
    or also what if get my period one day and the next day we have sex?
    or if i start my period in the morning and have sex the same morning/afternoon?
    Also ive been told people bleed or it hurts when you first have sex (yes im a virgin!) but ive also been told that if your a gymnast or if you can do the splits then it might not bleed or hurt as much! ive been a gymnast for 13 and a half years now and am used to doing the splits every single day so help!?
    If you could help me it would be amazing!
    :confused:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Period + condom = very, very low chance of becoming pregnant. It will be a bit messy (put a folded towel on the bed) and it will increase friction on the condom as the blood dries (use lube).

I don't know, but it sounds plausible because you've been stretching the area a lot and you're unlikely to have much of a hymen left.

Would you really want your first time to be on your period? :/ I know I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Why is the pill (or any other form of contraception) out of the question... I know you said its private but you're anonymous anyway so who's going to know really?

So long as you use condoms correctly, you should be fine any time of the month. The failure rate is very low. I used only condoms for 5 months and was fine. There's not really any need for this paranoia.

Okay thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.