Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What are you doing this summer? watch

ReputationRep:
    As I don't know what i'm doing with mine!

ReputationRep:
    Going to have to prepare for the october MAT and next years STEP exam as well as start on personal statement, should go Switzerland for a few days too, of course leave some time to rest

ReputationRep:
    Working.

ReputationRep:
    Might try and pick up a few more hours at work, going to Portugal with my friends, going to Devon with my family, waiting for results...

ReputationRep:
    Working at McDonalds and counting down the days until A Level results. My boyfriend is away for most of it, and my friends work too so my summer will be spent at McDonalds. Yaaaaaaaay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ysgytlaeth)
    Working at McDonalds and counting down the days until A Level results. My boyfriend is away for most of it, and my friends work too so my summer will be spent at McDonalds. Yaaaaaaaay
    Ohhh, I'll have a milkshake please

As for me, I'll be hitting the clubs when I reach 18 and awaiting freshers week!

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to get some work experience/ summer job to put towards my September plans. As well as just have fun by hanging out with mates.

I've applied for a few volunteering places as well (SSAFA, local volunteering places)

Paid job wise I've looked for summer camps using student-jobs.co.uk and had a look at local temporary jobs. Fortunately though I recently got a job at a PrimeLife care home, so hopefully will have summer work sorted out now.

What are you looking to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMG44)
    As I don't know what i'm doing with mine!
    you wot m8!

I'm gonna be chilling out with mates, going to Brighton if it's warm enough, have a couple of road trips once I pass

ReputationRep:
    So will I! My third summer full time at McDonald's (il be there three years in august, so least il get my private healthcare benefits!) getting plenty of hours in to save for the next two years car insurace so I don't need to worry about it whilst I'm at uni! And then moving up to uni, and moving to another mcdonalds! And more work at McDonald's...

ReputationRep:
    Part time shop assisting, doing a studentship in a molecular genetics lab, stretching, circus training, hopefully going to Amsterdam for more circus, running around, sleeping!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most likely re-sitting my exams...

I liked them that much, once was just NOT enough for me!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Ohhh, I'll have a milkshake please

As for me, I'll be hitting the clubs when I reach 18 and awaiting freshers week!
    Would you prefer vanilla, strawberry or chocolate? I'm afraid our store is out of banana for now :/

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to Les Ardentes festival, but I'll probably spend this summer working and getting excited about university in September. Either way it'll be nice to be able to go out and relax after exams

ReputationRep:
    Probs gonna be doing maths everyday, going on holiday for a mere week.

ReputationRep:
    Would you prefer vanilla, strawberry or chocolate? I'm afraid our store is out of banana for now :/
    Ysgytlaeth Mefus, diolch.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully a Nuffield Research Placement, if I get accepted

ReputationRep:
    Crying because I'll never be going to my college again but at the same time equally petrified and excited about going to university! I'm also hoping to relax and have fun with my friends after exams, do some volunteering and learn to play keyboard... for the last 18 years, people have been telling me about my 'piano fingers' so I though I better put them to the test

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be staying indoors reading all day every day, and getting lots of exercise in the hours between that until I get my results, because I won't be able to relax properly till then! Once I'm sure I got into Uni then I can start thinking about fun, but it's too early to tell now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Ysgytlaeth Mefus, diolch.
    Ah, NOW I see what you did there.
    Ysgytlaeth mefus ar y ffordd!

ReputationRep:
    I've got lots planned.

About 3 weeks worth of sailing events, 5 days of surfing in Newquay with my mates, a few house parties, hopefully loads of cycling (if I get my road bike sorted out before then :L). It's going to be good, can't wait.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.