Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Okay, this isn't for me, but I have a friend who is in year 12 and wants to do mental health nursing at university. I'm slightly worried for him. His BTEC is fine and I know he is going to do exceptional and get at least DDD (he tries very hard and so far all his assignments have come back as a D). FYI D stands for Distinction in this case . His GCSEs are fine, except in science he only has a vocational science qualification... which he passed with flying colours! Will the universities accept this as his science GCSE... I sound like a worried mother I know, but I want him to do well, and if I have to teach him a biology GCSE so be it!! But I know he doesn't like exams that much and so is uncomfortable with doing another GCSE if he doesn't have to... Would someone mind just relieving my worry :rolleyes:

    Depends on the uni. Most don't care about gcses apart from English and maths
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.