Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I met my ideal guy in a pub on friday... watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the Isle of Man for my friend's birthday, and we went to a pub with a few of her friends on friday night. All of the university students are back over and we got talking to a few by the bar.
    I met a really awesome guy who's Manx but studying in England. We chatted a bit, I found out his name etc but we were pretty drunk and left before they did. Later one of the girls sent me a link to his twitter page (I don't use twitter) and I realised that we have tons in common- even down to stupid things, like both being a fan of a sociologist, and also that he's a genuinely awesome, great person.

What would you do? I could easily contact him on Facebook but I don't think I would. I'm also pretty sure I didn't tell him my name, and we don't have any mutual facebook friends so he definitely couldn't find me on there either.

Would you let this go?

(Apologies if this is the most stupid thread ever..xD )

ReputationRep:
    Just introduce yourself saying you met him at the bar the other night and you'd like to get to know him, it's really not that hard.

ReputationRep:
    Go and find him on Facebook. You've got nothing to lose! Either he ignores/rejects you and you both move on and never speak again, or he meets up with you and you guys get on really well. You'll be fine either way!

ReputationRep:
    Take a chance, I did and got bitterly rejected, but hey at least I know I tried :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bad_moose)
    Go and find him on Facebook. You've got nothing to lose! Either he ignores/rejects you and you both move on and never speak again, or he meets up with you and you guys get on really well. You'll be fine either way!
    exactly!! if yee don't have any friends in common, then it really doesn't matter if he doesn't get back to you. I mean I'm sure he WILL, but just go for it missy and send him a message

ReputationRep:
    Yeah go for it. Everybody looks into all the facebook stuff way too much (including me, i'd feel the same as you in your situation), but then that's strange because I don't think anybody would actually mind if they were the person being contacted, especially if you got on like you said. Give it a go and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice:))
    I'm in the Isle of Man for my friend's birthday, and we went to a pub with a few of her friends on friday night. All of the university students are back over and we got talking to a few by the bar.
    I met a really awesome guy who's Manx but studying in England. We chatted a bit, I found out his name etc but we were pretty drunk and left before they did. Later one of the girls sent me a link to his twitter page (I don't use twitter) and I realised that we have tons in common- even down to stupid things, like both being a fan of a sociologist, and also that he's a genuinely awesome, great person.

What would you do? I could easily contact him on Facebook but I don't think I would. I'm also pretty sure I didn't tell him my name, and we don't have any mutual facebook friends so he definitely couldn't find me on there either.

Would you let this go?

(Apologies if this is the most stupid thread ever..xD )
    This is all very well but what is his item lvl! It doesn't get much higher then mine so re-think your decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    Yeah go for it. Everybody looks into all the facebook stuff way too much (including me, i'd feel the same as you in your situation), but then that's strange because I don't think anybody would actually mind if they were the person being contacted, especially if you got on like you said. Give it a go and see what happens.

I just messaged him...yeah, if someone I had a chat with messaged me on facebook I probably wouldn't really think too deeply into it, but it's scary being the messenger!
    If the worst comes to the worst, he lives at least 200 miles away and usually 500 miles away from me...xD

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.