Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Worst part about growing up? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What would you say has been the worst part about growing up? Finding out Santa isn't real? No longer getting money in birthday cards? Not being able to **** yourself without being judged? (Jking about the last one ).

For me it's the disappointing number of birthday and christmas presents One year all I got was a hot chocolate frother (turned out to be pretty useful).

ReputationRep:
    Probably realising I have to start taking responsibility for myself

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    The responsibility. It really sucks to not be able to afford to mess things up and just learn from your mistakes anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Eventually realising that life is pointless and that you will die a cold and lonely death.

ReputationRep:
    Well this has been a depressing set of answers so far. I was hoping for more light hearted stuff like finding out the tooth fairy isn't real

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    Eventually realising that life is pointless and that you will die a cold and lonely death.
    The existential crisis is pretty bad.

ReputationRep:
    'Kids go free' WHY, NO ME?

ReputationRep:
    Realizing your friends ****ing suck.

And that you aren't as shredded as you would like to be. Or can't get as Drunk as you would like because you have to "Succeed" and all that bull****.

---But no, to leave you with something more mature - always be true to yourself, and love your friends and family, and prioritise.

I never have regrets living by those few things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    'Kids go free' WHY, NO ME?
    and not being able to lie and pass as a kid anymore. that day sucked. haha

ReputationRep:
    Realising what will hurt you the most are things that not even your parents can protect you from.

ReputationRep:
    Sleeping on the couch, waking up and realizing you're still on the couch.

Depressing times

ReputationRep:
    Realising that I was a total douche when I was younger

ReputationRep:
    The daunting responsibility that you're going to have. I honestly don't know how I'm going to financially responsible or my wife to be and the inevitable kids.

ReputationRep:
    making responsible decisions.

ReputationRep:
    Not being able to hang around the park, messing about town with friends on the weekends.

My life is literally uni work, uni work, part time job, uni work, summer job, uni, uni, uni. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    I really should find that funny but I just imagined Ron Burgundy it in my head.

ReputationRep:
    Worst part about growing up? Come on people! Life begins at lvl 90.

But yeah, the worst part is probably not being able to tank at dungeons throughout growing up or losing your 'rested' bar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leannesagoodman)
    The existential crisis is pretty bad.
    So that's what it's called.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Missing year 8 and year 9 alot.

My days, my form class was hilarious, I would actually look forward to going into school because something funny always happened. We even had many inter-form fights because there were some personality clashes. Was hilarious man.

ReputationRep:
    Oofft, this quite a hard one actually haha.

I don't think I could point out one single thing that has been the worst. I remember how amazing christmas used to be, just not being able to sleep on christmas eve and then being the first one up in the morning, running about in your cute little pyjamas and waking everyone up and just play with your toys all day, dreaming away, not a worry in the world!

Then you get to gcses and it's all down hill from there; stress, peer pressure, lack of free time, and then the studying life really begins; a levels, university, phds and masters, jobs and everything just completley changes in what feels like seconds!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.