Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to figure out how much student finance I can still get.

I originally started university in 2010 but I dropped out after the first year. I am now in my 2nd year at another university and I have a placement job sorted for next year.

I checked when I started this course that SFE will fund you for the length of your course +1 year minus any years you've already used so I will still be funded to the end of my course.

Here's my problem. When I applied for student finance for this university I was registered on a 3 year full time course but I'm now on the 4 year sandwich course with the extra year being on placement. Will I still be able to get funding for the whole course or will I have to pay for the final year myself?

I am also thinking of transferring (again!) to the 5 year masters (which is still part of the undergraduate courses) after placement. Will the student finance continue to extend for that or will I have to pay for that myself?

Sorry for the long post but any help will be appreciated!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.