Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I put on my Facebook how I'd tried a 40's hairstyle, the whole parted hair look, since I'm going to a 40's fancy dress party next week. I said how it made me look like an idiot. My ex replied saying that it must be an improvement then.

This an insult or a joke. Not sure if I should reply or leave it.

ReputationRep:
    More of an insult. Facebook and exes don't mix.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    It was probably a joke. Even if it wasn't I wouldn't make it a big deal. It was a silly little comment. I mean you could jokingly reply something like "coming from you" But I wouldn't, I'd just leave it, be the bigger person.

ReputationRep:
    Could be banter!! Depends on how well you and your ex get on now.

I'd take it as banter and send something back along the lines of the improvement being you're not with each other any more, sticky out face, etc etc..

Gx

ReputationRep:
    Why can't it be both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gigi2847)
    Could be banter!! Depends on how well you and your ex get on now.

I'd take it as banter and send something back along the lines of the improvement being you're not with each other any more, sticky out face, etc etc..

Gx
    That would just sound *****y and pathetic (it's quite funny though).

Best thing to do is just ignore it, he'll look like a **** if she doesn't reply.

ReputationRep:
    Just insult her back, think of a good comeback though, you don't wanna be left looking like a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    That would just sound *****y and pathetic (it's quite funny though).

Best thing to do is just ignore it, he'll look like a **** if she doesn't reply.

I am *****y and pathetic.

So there :P

#iknowyouarebutwhatam

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    thats quite funny for a girl.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, so this is my predicament. It sounds like both banter and an insult. And I dunno how to reply, or if it warrants a reply. I could reply with a subtle insult, just throw back some banter, or ignore it.

HMMM.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.