Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Seen as the application opens this week just asking who else is apply and which companies you would prefer to be with. Also for any previous applicats; What was the interviews like? Which companies are the best? Any advice on the application forms? Thanks everyone and Good Luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astrojg)
    Hi, Seen as the application opens this week just asking who else is apply and which companies you would prefer to be with. Also for any previous applicats; What was the interviews like? Which companies are the best? Any advice on the application forms? Thanks everyone and Good Luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    im assuming you're talking about the undergraduate one? wasn't that already open..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    im assuming you're talking about the undergraduate one? wasn't that already open..
    Yes the undergraduate Scholarship (Woops should of put that in the thread title)
    The forms have been put online today!

ReputationRep:
    Yes the undergraduate Scholarship (Woops should of put that in the thread title)
    The forms have been put online today!
    I see. Good luck sir

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I just downloaded the form last night. The only thing I lack in is work experience though but I'm really ambitious so I'm going to give it a go! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishDan)
    Hey! I just downloaded the form last night. The only thing I lack in is work experience though but I'm really ambitious so I'm going to give it a go! :P
    Well what it sys makes it sound like dont worry if you havent got work expeirence. Good Luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is the forms http://www.ice.org.uk/Scholarship-an...te-Scholarship

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys I have a doubt is this open for international students
    since I am from Sri lanka and got a offer at Imperial and they sent me a email about apply for ICE Quest 2013

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajragavan)
    since I am from Sri lanka and got a offer at Imperial and they sent me a email about apply for ICE Quest 2013
    It doesn't actually say anywhere but you might want to email them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What companies would you like to work with? From just looking at their websites and some of their projects I quite like AECOM, Atkins, Hyder, Laing O'Rourke and Skanska, maybe Buro Happold.. I'm mainly interested in buildings/structures.

ReputationRep:
    What companies would you like to work with? From just looking at their websites and some of their projects I quite like AECOM, Atkins, Hyder, Laing O'Rourke and Skanska, maybe Buro Happold.. I'm mainly interested in buildings/structures.
    I am also more interested in structures.
    AECOM, Arup, Atkins, Laing O'Rourke, Mott MacDonald, Hyder, Sir Robert McAlpine, Buro and even halcrow are all interesting to me. Gonna do allot more research before deciding on the 5 companies including whether they have a office in Bristol.
    How are you finding the application form?

ReputationRep:
    I really like Arup too but they aren't on the list of companies involved with the scholarship?

The application form is slowly getting there. How about you? I'm really just jumping between the questions at the moment writing as much as I can. I think it's turning out not too bad, though I've not attempted question 5 yet - doing the easy bits first haha!

ReputationRep:
    I really like Arup too but they aren't on the list of companies involved with the scholarship?

The application form is slowly getting there. How about you? I'm really just jumping between the questions at the moment writing as much as I can. I think it's turning out not too bad, though I've not attempted question 5 yet - doing the easy bits first haha!
    http://www.ice.org.uk/Scholarship-an...pporting-Quest they are on this list, don't know if it is correct. Well wait and see if get an interview what companies are on offer.
    Well there is few months to go. Im bullet pointing stuff so each question. Sustainabilty and that stuff is the things im.thinking about for 5 but allot of people are going to say that. My struggle is question 2 a, the only acheivement I can think of is passong my driving test!

Where are you hoping to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see - I was looking on this page and Arup weren't listed - http://www.ice.org.uk/Scholarship-an...te-Scholarship

Yeah that's what I was planning on writing about for Q5 also, haha!

For 2a I'm going to write about the time I skydived for charity and then relate that to civil engineering - how the money would help change peoples lives etc.

I've got a really easy conditional to Heriot-Watt so it looks like I'll be going there, what about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see - I was looking on this page and Arup weren't listed - http://www.ice.org.uk/Scholarship-an...te-Scholarship

Yeah that's what I was planning on writing about for Q5 also, haha!

For 2a I'm going to write about the time I skydived for charity and then relate that to civil engineering - how the money would help change peoples lives etc.

I've got a really easy conditional to Heriot-Watt so it looks like I'll be going there, what about yourself?
    That seems more up to date list as it has Ramboll instead of Gifford (as Gifford is now fully incorporated into Ramboll) so I'm guessing Arup isn't in it any longer. Ramboll is looks epic with the likes of Fehmarnbelt link.

Skydiving sounds really cool, little jealous that you have something more impressive to talk about.

I am really thinking Q5 maybe trying to make you not talk about sustainability and be unique and creative so I going to try and think of something else, trawl though the ICE and IStructE websites .

My Firm (Conditional) is Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I'll also be applying for this scholarship I was casually searching the net yesterday and I'm so glad I came across the ICE scholarship. I've heard of it before but I thought I missed the deadline, plus I went to an open day at Surrey where they had a scheme like this but was exclusive to Surrey firmers.

For question five I was also going to put sustainability haha! But seeing as everyone else is going to put that I think I'll change it.

I also can't really think of a big achievement. ):

(Original post by rajragavan)
    From ICE page "Applications aren’t accepted from anyone who’s already started a degree, anyone beginning a foundation year in Autumn 2013, part time students and anyone studying outside the UK."

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question..

Are you guys going to be mentioning any of the companies involved with the scholarship and why you like them etc. in your application form? It would be quite difficult to write about 5 different companies in such a small space so I'm not sure about that at all.

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question..

Are you guys going to be mentioning any of the companies involved with the scholarship and why you like them etc. in your application form? It would be quite difficult to write about 5 different companies in such a small space so I'm not sure about that at all.
    I wasn't thinking of as I dont want to limit myself and talk about more some companies than others and dissappiont the others. I dont know where I well would put it.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't thinking of as I dont want to limit myself and talk about more some companies than others and dissappiont the others. I dont know where I well would put it.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'm the same. I was also going to mention notable modern designs that have inspired me but then that's really singling out one company's work and the same situation would occur.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm the same. I was also going to mention notable modern designs that have inspired me but then that's really singling out one company's work and the same situation would occur.
    I suppose that would fit, If they are notable projects the companies shouldnt feel exculded , dont even know if the companies get to read the application form

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.