Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just read their manifesto, I actually think it's really good, however I disapprove of their denial of Climate Change. Does anyone else feel the same? :/ I still agree that immigration should be stopped, and I agree with their tax plan and anti-tax rise stance.

ReputationRep:
    There's plenty of Tories who are pro-renewable who get sidelined by this.

As for taxes, they'll find they won't be able to cover this, it'll cause new issues causing the government to spend more money than they otherwise needed to. They're right on immigration, but they don't know anything else about running the country.

ReputationRep:
    It is their dream that does it for me, lets pull out of the EU without thinking about the consequences

ReputationRep:
    I'm still having problems with there only being one thing that puts you off UKIP. Really? THey have gained credibility, but will never form a government so have no fear they can make up anly old stuff for a manifesto, cos it ain't gonna happen

ReputationRep:
    I like UKIP, however im pretty sure their manifesto will change come the general election.

I like them because i want Boris as PM, and if UKIP gain enough support it means Boris is more likely!

ReputationRep:
    I agree. However, it is not denial.

They accept climate change, but think it has been exaggerated.

I disagree.

Where they are right however, is that a number of green initiatives are crippling our economy. And in the dire state it is in currently, if you actually look into the facts, you'll see there's no alternative to get rid of them. Lots of members in the other parties are for scrapping them too.

And the fact remains our emissions are tiny. Especially compared to places like China. It makes little difference. China pollution is just off the scale.

The fact is we don't really make anything anymore. And these green taxes are crippling the few businesses which do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    It is their dream that does it for me, lets pull out of the EU without thinking about the consequences
    Ok let's think about the consequences then leave the EU.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think climate change will be their priority should they ever get enough votes for an MP or two...

Their priority will clearly be Europe and continuing to push the main parties to the right.

I'm all for pushing to the right but I'm not such a fan of their extreme Eurosceptic views. I think their firm stance on the EU is too divisive whereas most people are all for a push to the right at the moment.
    Climate change is the least of peoples' worries and I'm indifferent to it myself to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with their defence policy, climate policy and them wanting to remove the smoking ban in enclosed public places.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.