Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Weird and somewhat confusing situation Watch

Ok so basically the girl I work with is my brother's girlfriend's sister and being a pretty naive guy, I am not sure whether she sees me as a friend or more. Basically we have only seen each other outside work twice, once was just seeing her going into the cinema, and the other time was a kind of 'double date' where we went bowling in an attempt to set up our two friends but we went for mutual support and it didn't really feel like a date.
    She has also occasionally text me too and once text me when she was out for a meal with her friends and she took the night off work whilst I was working and she has text me after work telling me that the till wasn't down any cash, as I didn't wait to find out whether it was or not. And she text me saying how she just came past me on the bus (the shop where we work) which was obviously random and out of the blue.
    She also asks me what I am doing at the weekend nearly every shift but I just assume this is just because it's an easy thing to discuss. We have also jokingly insulted each other at times which I assume could be flirty, hence why I am confused to the whole situation.
    The main thing is, is the fact that she is my brother's girlfriend's sister, which would make it weird if we were to date or whatever.
    Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing the question is about whether she like you or not. I think she probably might.

(Original post by sb123303)
    I'm guessing the question is about whether she like you or not. I think she probably might.
    Yes this is the question.

ReputationRep:
    It's not weird that it's your brother's girlfriend's sister. It would be weird if it was your brother's girlfriend, but it's not.

Bump

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't be odd at all to date your brother's girlfriend's sister.
    However, be careful not to misinterpret anything: the texts that you mentioned in the OP all sound friendly, rather then flirty. It's impossible for us to know for sure, though!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.