Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Poster falling down during the night, does it scare you? Watch

• TSR Support Team

My god absolutely terrifying during the middle of the night,, was just settling down to sleep when a poster fell off my wall, does anyone else find this one of the scariest things ever :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah haha then you lie still for literally 5 mins
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by lw:))
    Yeah haha then you lie still for literally 5 mins
    ha yeah wide eyed

ReputationRep:
    Once a spoon fell from the table downstairs (in the middle of the night) and after recovering from the mini heart attack, I was getting ready to attack whatever I thought was coming upstairs. :/

ReputationRep:
    My fairy lights which I'd attached to my wall suddenly fell down last night, along with a huge Bob Marley poster. I very nearly had a heart attack.

ReputationRep:
    You think that's bad, have you ever experienced the sheer terror of a whole bookcase collapsing onto your bed? I swear my life flashed before my eyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cake Faced Kid.)
    You think that's bad, have you ever experienced the sheer terror of a whole bookcase collapsing onto your bed? I swear my life flashed before my eyes
    I slept through something like that once. My drunk friend decided to pull the bookcase down over a chair whilst I was in bed asleep (and completely sober!). The chair burst through the back of the 7ft bookcase and flooded my floor with a sea of books, but I didn't realise what happened until the morning.

ReputationRep:
    My bathroom door opened as I was lying on my bed about an hour ago, I think it was slightly loose and not firmly shut, but I still had a mini-heart attack.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Every. Single. Time.

I hear the slightest noise when I'm lying in bed and I practically die.

EDIT: The person who negged obviously does not know the all-encompassing fear of a poster falling down in the night. That brave, brave fool. I wish you well.

ReputationRep:
    A fox broke into my house some time last summer...my dad was sleeping on the sofa and didn't hear a thing, then he woke up and this fox was just staring at him. Terrifying...boarded up the cat flap with wood after that

But yeah, I don't have posters in my room anymore but it is a shock when it happens!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a heart attack every time, I find it worse though when I'm watching tv and then a poster comes lose from the wall and then falls over my face I **** myself every time :lol:
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    One used to fall on my face a lot and I was convinced I was being murdered. I have since taken them down lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. The Randy Orton one did when I was like 13 years old, so about 4 years ago. Never experienced it again since.

ReputationRep:
    When I was a kid I had a huge plastic army base (micro machines) sitting on a shelf in my bedroom. There was a button on this thing and when you pushed it it would make a loud siren noise.

Anyway, there's a minor earthquake this night (but a big one by Britain's standards), and this didn't really wake me up. What did wake me up was a violent crashing noise as this army base slips off the shelf, smacks onto the floor bringing a load of other toys with it, red light starts flashing, huge siren noise kicks off when it hits the floor

****ing terrifying

The only thing that was worse was when a fox started screaming right outside my bedroom window. Thought one of my family members was getting murdered or something!

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I'm really hypersensitive to sound, especially at night. The slightest thing gives me a heart attack. ...Then I hide under the covers. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    My god absolutely terrifying during the middle of the night,, was just settling down to sleep when a poster fell off my wall, does anyone else find this one of the scariest things ever :afraid:
    My scariest bedtime moment was when my hamster escaped from its cage, and crawled into my bed. The feeling of a rodent's claws creeping across my stomach is not something I will forget in a hurry!

ReputationRep:
    big student timetable thing.

fell onto my table.

then made my mouse move (computer mouse) and drop on the floor.

oh my gawd.

think i died a little that time :P

i also hate when i cant sleep and my mind suddenly makes these silloutess of like nightgowns turn into people... thats when the light is switched on... ahah

ReputationRep:
    One windy night someone forgot to lock the shed door. The door banging woke me up, and I was convinced someone was trying to smash the kitchen door in and get into the house. I nearly had a heart attack. I lay completely motionless and wide-eyed for about 10 minutes and contemplated venturing downstairs with a deodorant can (my logic being either I could smash them in the face or blind them) before I realised what it actually was.

ReputationRep:
    It does when you have a poster of the T-Rex from Jurassic Park stuck on your ceiling above your bed and you open your eyes the next morning and the first thing you see is it's face smothering you.

Safe to say I didn't stick it back up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EonBlueApocalypse)
    It does when you have a poster of the T-Rex from Jurassic Park stuck on your ceiling above your bed and you open your eyes the next morning and the first thing you see is it's face smothering you.
    Safe to say I didn't stick it back up.
    That would have worked so much better if you'd used a poster of Mila Kunis

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.