Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Poster falling down during the night, does it scare you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, this thread is so true :lol: I have had that happen to me a few times and genuinely did scare the crap out of me >_<

ReputationRep:
    Brb watching paranormal activity alone in bed before sleeping, brb poster falling off wall causing delayed chain reaction and others falling off too, brb waking up in the morning in a pool of urine and faeces.

ReputationRep:
    The worst thing was at night when I heard a piece of paper sliding down my desk, and a pencil rolling along it (my desk is perfectly horizontal...I thought something was in my room moving my stuff around on my desk).

If I hadn't been lying down I probably would have fainted. :ninja:

(It was a huge hairy spider walking on my sheet of A4...and his body weight was making it slide around- it then nudged a pencil and made it roll).

ReputationRep:
    Imagine yourself in the evening in the dark somewhere on the road alone and feeling that someone is following you. When you turn back, you see some silhouette standing there and staring at you, it has no arms and legs and is all black, but you feel that it breaths and just flows in the air :ahhhhh: This scared a crap out of me :ahhhhh:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandabär)
    The worst thing was at night when I heard a piece of paper sliding down my desk, and a pencil rolling along it (my desk is perfectly horizontal...I thought something was in my room moving my stuff around on my desk).

(It was a huge hairy spider walking on my sheet of A4...and his body weight was making it slide around- it then nudged a pencil and made it roll).
    I nearly fainted just reading that. Oh. My. God.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by TheReckless)
    My fairy lights which I'd attached to my wall suddenly fell down last night, along with a huge Bob Marley poster. I very nearly had a heart attack.
    That sounds really frightening

(Original post by Cake Faced Kid.)
    You think that's bad, have you ever experienced the sheer terror of a whole bookcase collapsing onto your bed? I swear my life flashed before my eyes
    Any wonder you weren't hurt

(Original post by eliza.anne)
    A fox broke into my house some time last summer...my dad was sleeping on the sofa and didn't hear a thing, then he woke up and this fox was just staring at him. Terrifying...boarded up the cat flap with wood after that

But yeah, I don't have posters in my room anymore but it is a shock when it happens!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would get up and run a mile if that happens to me

(Original post by Pastaferian)
    My scariest bedtime moment was when my hamster escaped from its cage, and crawled into my bed. The feeling of a rodent's claws creeping across my stomach is not something I will forget in a hurry!
    Ugh my god, I remember a mouse ran over me one night

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, yes. When I was a kid I had a laminated Pokemon poster. I hung it above my bed. One night it fell off. And onto my head. I can tell you, I have NEVER crapped myself as much as I did that night.

ReputationRep:
    A few years back me and some friends were sat in the dark telling scary stories (all very freaked out of course) then out of nowhere the frame on the wall which had written on it "god" in arabic, crashed onto the floor, scariest thing ever!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, especially when they fall down really slowly because of getting caught on the wall/various objects, and for about 5 second before it falls on top of you, having just woke up due to the noise, you have no idea what it is and you lie there freaking out a little
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Death by poster is scary. But being awoken by a tickly feeling on your leg, thinking it's a mosquito so shaking it a bit (I was in a hot country), but it doesn't stop... then opening your eyes to see a cockroach crawling up your leg... Now that's real fear. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandabär)

Omg!!!!! Urgh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A picture fell off my wall once, then I fell out of bed.

ReputationRep:
    A fox broke into my house some time last summer...my dad was sleeping on the sofa and didn't hear a thing, then he woke up and this fox was just staring at him. Terrifying...boarded up the cat flap with wood after that

But yeah, I don't have posters in my room anymore but it is a shock when it happens!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    WHAT!? Don't foxes attack humans?
    Are they wild or what?

Haha, just read online that one of the most dangerous wild animals in the UK is the badger... nothing to worry about! :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suncake)
    Death by poster is scary. But being awoken by a tickly feeling on your leg, thinking it's a mosquito so shaking it a bit (I was in a hot country), but it doesn't stop... then opening your eyes to see a cockroach crawling up your leg... Now that's real fear. :cry2:
    My friend had that same experience in a questionable hostel in Sydney. Staying in a hostel and being jolted awake in the middle of the night by someone screaming is the most heart-stopping thing ever. Honestly, my first instinct was that he was being murdered :o:
    Unfortunately for us it was our first night there as well. We had to endure another week of being paranoid that every tingle or twitch was a ****ing roach in the bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R1C3W1N3)
    WHAT!? Don't foxes attack humans?
    Are they wild or what?

Haha, just read online that one of the most dangerous wild animals in the UK is the badger... nothing to worry about! :L
    They are wild but we get a lot of foxes in my area, they generally just run as soon as they see humans. I'm sure you get rabid foxes but the ones in my area seem pretty harmless, nonetheless I'd rather they not get in my house lol :/ It's annoying as I can't leave my back door open in summer lest foxes get in though.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    My friend had that same experience in a questionable hostel in Sydney. Staying in a hostel and being jolted awake in the middle of the night by someone screaming is the most heart-stopping thing ever. Honestly, my first instinct was that he was being murdered :o:
    Haha, oh dear! I actually managed to not scream, and just flailed around to get it off, then ran upstairs to sleep in a different room in the house since I didn't want to wake anyone up. I hope your friend screamed out of shock and not fear of bugs, otherwise he needs to man up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R1C3W1N3)
    WHAT!? Don't foxes attack humans? Are they wild or what?
    Foxes are bright enough to know that they can sometimes find catfood on the other side of a catflap

Badgers aren't dangerous unless provoked, but will respond to threats by biting first and asking questions later.

However, you wouldn't want to get in the way of a stag during the rut. Those antlers are intended to inflict real damage.

ReputationRep:
    They are wild but we get a lot of foxes in my area, they generally just run as soon as they see humans. I'm sure you get rabid foxes but the ones in my area seem pretty harmless, nonetheless I'd rather they not get in my house lol :/ It's annoying as I can't leave my back door open in summer lest foxes get in though.
    Foxes just want to say 'hello'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Foxes just want to say 'hello'
    Loooool they can find a better way of saying hello than breaking into my house >.>

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.