Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Poster falling down during the night, does it scare you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastaferian)
    That would have worked so much better if you'd used a poster of Mila Kunis
    I would of thought I was still dreaming.

ReputationRep:
    I do not have posters on my wall as I am not a 14 year old girl, but I don't imagine it would be frightening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
    I do not have posters on my wall as I am not a 14 year old girl, but I don't imagine it would be frightening.
    A surprisingly illogical chain of reasoning for an aspiring law student

ReputationRep:
    It's horrible when you have a poster tacked above your head and it falls on your face! Happened once with a Spice Girls one I had years ago :/

ReputationRep:
    A poster falling during the night is the most terrifying thing ever. I eventually took it down because it kept happening.

ReputationRep:
    its only happened to me once but scared the **** out of me...i also keep hearing scratching noises in the walls :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    Loooool they can find a better way of saying hello than breaking into my house >.>

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They wanted to make a surprise If they aren't harmful it's fine You need to be scared of them when they're infected Because of damn infected fox my dog had to be put away in deep sleep :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    They wanted to make a surprise If they aren't harmful it's fine You need to be scared of them when they're infected Because of damn infected fox my dog had to be put away in deep sleep :sad:
    Aww!!! I'm sorry to hear that that's the worry, incase an infected one gets in I just always keep the doors closed now xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It would **** me up. I used to have a sleeping disorder called sleep paralysis where my body would be paralysed but I'd wake up and feel and see hags trapping me like sitting on my chest or different creatures & demons. I was convinced they were real and that my house was haunted or something, went to doctors and turned out sleep paralysis and seeing these things is quite common but they're only hallucinations. Ever since then I've believed in spirits and other things

ReputationRep:
    There's a sensor in the hallway that starts flashing with a blue light if someone walks past. It flashed for ages a couple of nights ago. Normally that wouldn't scare me but I was home alone and nearly pissed in my pants.

ReputationRep:
    God yes 😆 Years ago, I had an A1 poster on my ceiling above my head (why, I don't know..), which came crashing down on top of me in the early hours of the morning and nearly scared me to death. Now my walls are plastered in posters and the A1 ones are heavy so they always fall down. I jump out of my skin every time and end up lying there wondering what the hell is going on xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The big proper laminated ones make the worst sound. A crashing thud is the best way to describe it.

Equally as terrifying as waking up to a fire alarm in your bedroom at your halls in the middle of the night. You jump out of bed thinking "what do I do??!!" followed by "what should I take with me?!!".

ReputationRep:
    It's only happened once. My reaction was "woah, what's that noise?" *waits for eyes to adjust to darkness* "Oh, it's the poster, I'll fix it tomorrow" *goes back to sleep*.

So no, not very scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    Aww!!! I'm sorry to hear that that's the worry, incase an infected one gets in I just always keep the doors closed now xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Usually infected ones behave calm, at least when I've faced up with one, it just stood in front of me and stared at me

ReputationRep:
    Terrifying. For a split second I honestly believe my room is going to collapse on me

Uni accommodation used to have a rule that you couldn't use blue tack on the walls, just its evil, imitating cousin, white tack

That stuff's about as adhesive as those glue sticks you get with 10 in a pack from the pound shop, so I often woke up showered in posters.

The worst was probably when this fell on my face :eek:

I share your pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthred50)
    Uni accommodation used to have a rule that you couldn't use blue tack on the walls, just its evil, imitating cousin, white tack

That stuff's about as adhesive as those glue sticks you get with 10 in a pack from the pound shop, so I often woke up showered in posters.

The worst was probably when this fell on my face :eek:

I share your pain.

The best thing is to stay still....

The scary axe murderer / poster cant kill you if you stay absolutely still..........

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's when you hear strange creaks and stuff and you are trying to justify to yourself that they are normal house noises.

You feel so silly in the morning when death isn't looming in the shadows.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else still check under their bed and in their wardrobe before they can sleep? No? Just me? :getmecoat:
    • TSR Support Team

Where I used to work I stayed in an old mansion courthouse, I was the only one left in the building on the last night and it was such a windy night and all I could hear was creaking and whistling.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.