Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever, on a date, asked someone to call you 5 mins in, to make an excuse and leave? Or had it done to you.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I've never been on a date.

*forever alone*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guitarded)
    Nope. I've never been on a date.

*forever alone*
    ditto

ReputationRep:
    No. I've had it done to me though when I wouldn't have a quickie with him in the toilets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sky_Dream)
    No. I've had it done to me though when I wouldn't have a quickie with him in the toilets.
    Lucky escape. I am a lover of loving but in the toilets would be terrible. Classy guy.

And no, I haven't had it done or done it, I would spend an hourish then we'd say our goodbyes if I had a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. We were both quite shy and he wasn't really talking to me soo I got my friend to call me pretending there was an emergency, I had to get away from the awkwardness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarora)
    Yes. We were both quite shy and he wasn't really talking to me soo I got my friend to call me pretending there was an emergency, I had to get away from the awkwardness.
    bit of a dickmove really

ReputationRep:
    No but I've only ever been on 3 dates. One was with a guy that I'd been friends with but I hadn't known he'd liked me so I got with someone else and he moved to Taiwan to get over me, so when we met up it was like a catch up (there was no second date), the second guy stood me up (his loss!) and the third is my current boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWTGBT07)
    Have you ever, on a date, asked someone to call you 5 mins in, to make an excuse and leave? Or had it done to you.
    5 minutes is a little bit premature surely!

ReputationRep:
    As far as I am aware, no one has walked out on me.

As for me, I am not a coward/ don't like making up fake excuses, so if I don't like the person I just say I don't think it is going to go anywhere, and leave it at that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.