Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Mysterious symptoms - any advice? Watch

I have an appointment with my GP on Wednesday (earliest I could get) before anyone tells me I should see a doctor. However, I'm getting a bit worried so any reassurance or just general advice would be much appreciated!

So I have three different symptoms:

1) Chest pain when I drink alcohol. I'm not a heavy drinker at all but once I have about my second drink I get this horrible clenching kind of pain in my chest which lasts about fifteen minutes, regardless of how much I drink, then goes away again. This has been happening since about three of four months ago.

2) Swollen lymph nodes in my neck. I first noticed this five or six weeks ago and I think they've been slowly getting bigger since. There are two that are really swollen, once on each side, and one is bigger than the other. The bigger one is about 3cm across and the other 2cm. They don't hurt at all.

3) Weird purple rash on my thigh. This just randomly appeared a couple of days ago and kind of looks like lots of tiny purple bruises clustered together. It doesn't hurt or itch or anything but it's just a bit strange really.

I'm a 17 year old girl and I've never really had much wrong with me in the past. I've always been quite blase about my health and really reluctant to go to the doctor but this is starting to worry me now. I don't know if they're even related or if it's worth giving any thought to at all! Anything that will stop me going crazy before Wednesday would be very nice to hear!

Thanks

Anyone?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.