Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So I've had my offer from Coventry and and what not. Planning on studying BA Criminology, I like the uni and all but I'm wondering like what's the night life saying? Does it have clubs that offer a variety of music. House, afrobeats, bashment RnB uno??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamishaalexander)
    So I've had my offer from Coventry and and what not. Planning on studying BA Criminology, I like the uni and all but I'm wondering like what's the night life saying? Does it have clubs that offer a variety of music. House, afrobeats, bashment RnB uno??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dont attend coventry uni, but i normallly go there for nights out & yess the night life is very good always some event on every weekend matching your music taste

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tintinmac)
    Dont attend coventry uni, but i normallly go there for nights out & yess the night life is very good always some event on every weekend matching your music taste
    Oh okay I'm so lost I dunno where to go Roehampton seemed alright but I preferred Coventry over there and Portsmouth. Where do you go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay I'm so lost I dunno where to go Roehampton seemed alright but I preferred Coventry over there and Portsmouth. Where do you go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ohh right i see, well if it was me would prefer portsmouth over coventry, its just a much better city i think loads to do & they're my insurance anyway but my firm is southampton solent

ReputationRep:
    ohh right i see, well if it was me would prefer portsmouth over coventry, its just a much better city i think loads to do & they're my insurance anyway but my firm is southampton solent
    Ohh okay I'm gunna go visit them three again. Cause you know like when you go the first time, I didn't get to really look at all aspects of what the uni's offered. Oo isit I heard Southampton Solent's decent a good few of my friends applied to go there what you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ohh okay I'm gunna go visit them three again. Cause you know like when you go the first time, I didn't get to really look at all aspects of what the uni's offered. Oo isit I heard Southampton Solent's decent a good few of my friends applied to go there what you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Go to Portsmouth, it's much better than Coventry in every way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahhackett)
    Coventry as a city is crap! Night life is just as bad, once you've done it once that's it, it will be the same night after night. Although, I can't vouch for the SU as never been as not a student but I have heard its pretty good.

Night clubs are jotted across the centre, not really in close proximity to one another. And most night clubs are full of 16/17 year olds.

Although, Birmingham is only a 30mins train journey away (45/50 on the London midland train) and the night life it by far amazing compared to Cov!

Hope that help or would like more info please just ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh okay so it either here Portsmouth or Roehampton which would you personally recommended? I choose here mostly due to it haven't the higher success rate in my subject, but with all aspects looked at I'm unsure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeaah that sounds good thenn, let me know what you pick at the end & yeah it is good loved the city at the open day and going to study business management & what do you hope to do after your course then?

ReputationRep:
    Yeaah that sounds good thenn, let me know what you pick at the end & yeah it is good loved the city at the open day and going to study business management & what do you hope to do after your course then?
    Ooo yeah I will do, that's good do you go down there often or only been for the opening day? If that makes sense lol. I'm hoping to work within the YOS yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ooo yeah I will do, that's good do you go down there often or only been for the opening day? If that makes sense lol. I'm hoping to work within the YOS yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    goodgoood, only been down there a few times for work besides open day & ohh right thats nice, considered doin crims once, & hopefully human resources

ReputationRep:
    goodgoood, only been down there a few times for work besides open day & ohh right thats nice, considered doin crims once, & hopefully human resources
    Oh right that's good cause you kinda know what to expect. Oh isit yeah it's alright ent, sounds good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh right that's good cause you kinda know what to expect. Oh isit yeah it's alright ent, sounds good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im from Portsmouth and been living here for about ten years now and I can tell you that it's a bit crap, not a lot to do, night life is shocking only few good clubs. But that's my opinion. I'll be studying in coventry uni this September so that's saying something haha. But that's just my opinion. One good thing is that it's near the beach and gunwharf quays is nice.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.