Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you forgive someone if they cheated? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering whether if someone cheated on you, would you go back to them? Personally I don't think there is an excuse for cheating you're either happy in the relationship or you want something else. I mean if my (non-existent) boyfriend cheated on me all hell would break loose and there would be a very low chance of me taking him back, what about you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have to admit I would find it very hard to forgive. The only time I have forgiven cheating was at Monopoly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Have to admit I would find it very to forgive. The only time I have forgiven cheating was at Monopoly.
    Ha ha, you made my day.

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day, it will still depend on the individual, how they react and feel to it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, afraid not.

ReputationRep:
    No. The trust would be gone and that would ruin it.

I'm not going to say I wouldn't want to take them back - but in the long run I couldn't see it working out.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't know.

Kneejerk reaction would be no, absolutely not, but you just don't know unless it happens to you. It probably wouln't be worth it, though. I can't imagine things could ever be the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TinM)
    Just wondering whether if someone cheated on you, would you go back to them? Personally I don't think there is an excuse for cheating you're either happy in the relationship or you want something else. I mean if my (non-existent) boyfriend cheated on me all hell would break loose and there would be a very low chance of me taking him back, what about you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see eye-to-eye with you.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I could. Trust is one of the things I value most about relationships, if that was broken then there is little/no chance that I'd take them back.

ReputationRep:
    I have always thought no and it's what I say yo my friends... If that guy cheats on you... Then he is a jerk. But then I got into a similar situation. And when you care/infatuated/love someone so much - it's hard letting go

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I definitely couldn't forgive them. The trust would be gone and there's the saying 'once a cheat, always a cheat'. I don't necessarily believe that saying but people are just cheats and can't stay faithful.

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 and a half years and if he cheated, it would take a long time for me to be able to trust a man again, let alone trust him again.

ReputationRep:
    There is always the qs... At what point do you draw a line and say they are cheating
    1. Sleeping
    2. Saying to another girl they are beautiful and emotionally likes that other girl but doesn't do anything
    3. Dance with another girl at a club but didnt intend to
    4. Checks another girl out? Etc etc

ReputationRep:
    I'd be so upset i don't think things would ever be the same between my boyfriend & I again-i'd also feel really ashamed of myself for going back on my morals.

BTW i count cheating as kissing/inappropriate contact.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Personally I haven't forgiven people who cheated on me, even when they try and worm their way back into my life.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by melanz)
    There is always the qs... At what point do you draw a line and say they are cheating
    1. Sleeping
    2. Saying to another girl they are beautiful and emotionally likes that other girl but doesn't do anything
    3. Dance with another girl at a club but didnt intend to
    4. Checks another girl out? Etc etc

How the Hell does one unintentionally dance with someone?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be bothered enough to even stress over whether or not I 'forgive' them. They have effectively ended the relationship and I move on without a second thought.

ReputationRep:
    Did once after a while
    She went and did it again ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    Not a chance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd always said I wouldn't forgive someone but when it came to it, I tried to as I knew how bad he felt over it..but in the end I just couldn't forgive and forget as the trust had gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mockery)
    I wouldn't be bothered enough to even stress over whether or not I 'forgive' them. They have ended the relationship and I move on without a second thought.
    This.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.