Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OK, I've just been informed that I move in "slow motion". :mad:

I've always considered myself to be pretty speedy, efficient and a fast walker. This revelation has really set me back.

It started when I was asked to pass someone something they said, "[insert name] hurry up, you're moving very slowly - in slow motion". They didn't give me a chance to explain either. Then later on as I was walking to the bathroom, a different person asked how my back was or my legs were as I was "taking my time".

I feel hurt because I'm not old, and feel paranoid now that I move at a snail's pace - for my own sake.

What do I do?

ReputationRep:
    You've really lost it this time!

ReputationRep:
    The answer is in your question.

ReputationRep:
    And someone's annoyed with me because I made them drop their cup of tea.

They were passing it to someone, and I was "hovering" around and got in the way. Their hand slipped and missed the tea. The cup didn't smash, but the tea went over the carpet.

I feel bad, but I'm not sure if my slow movement is something to be concerned over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    The answer is in your question.
    Not as easy as that.

Should I record myself walking to see what speed I walk at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    Not as easy as that.

Should I record myself walking to see what speed I walk at?
    Yeah. Also, do us a favor. Get someone to record you while you record yourself and then upload it to YouTube plz.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone walks at different speeds, and there's no much you can do to help, other than improve your overall fitness...
    My boyfriend is a very fast walker, and I have to run a little bit to catch him up. But I walk at a decent speed most of the time. That's life. Doesn't really matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccagood95)
    Everyone walks at different speeds, and there's no much you can do to help, other than improve your overall fitness...
    My boyfriend is a very fast walker, and I have to run a little bit to catch him up. But I walk at a decent speed most of the time. That's life. Doesn't really matter.
    Exercise and I don't really see eye to eye I'm not really overweight anyways.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the snail society :hi: Don't take too much in the heart what they say about your speed.

ReputationRep:
    Stop living in London and move to another part of the country.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite short and I can't keep up so well when I'm with big leggy people. I learned a long time ago though not to listen to people who tell me to speed up, but instead to tell them to have some consideration and slow the **** down. They're the pedestrian equivalent of road ragers, these people.

It sounds silly, but don't try consciously to change how you walk because for one thing it will be noticeable and you'll look a bit daft, but more importantly you can actually injure yourself if you persistently move in a way that doesn't come naturally to you.

Forget all the videoing and worrying. Just learn to be assertive and tell these people to **** off. :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.