The Student Room Group

Should the UK government be allowed to build houses on greenbelt land?

Should they or is it wrong?
Completely wrong. Think of the hedgehogs. Seriously, our endangered native wildlife have so little space left as it is.
Reply 2
Realistically we desperately need more housing, and a % of private developments will always be affordable housing, which is good.
Reply 3
We don't need to build on greenfield land to provide more homes, that is an excuse.
Reply 4
Original post by james1211
We don't need to build on greenfield land to provide more homes, that is an excuse.

We do need to, but only because many local councils and residents are reluctant to let any more homes be built in existing residential areas.
Reply 5
Original post by Arbolus
We do need to, but only because many local councils and residents are reluctant to let any more homes be built in existing residential areas.

Right, so we don't need to then...
Reply 6
Original post by james1211
Right, so we don't need to then...

Until more people are willing to put up with the noise and inconvenience of building work and smaller gardens, greenfield is the only land there is for new houses.
Reply 7
It is like asking "Should the Brazilian government cut down the rainforest" ?
Reply 8
wrong
The countryside is valuable. But is preserving every single field always more important than helping firsttime buyers with lower prices?
Simple answer ; definite no !
Reply 11
I thought greenbelt was protected and it is in exceptional cases, building on it. Build on brownfield land first
I'd rather preserve the greenbelt, it's so beautiful, but people need to live somewhere.. :/ i don't know enough about it to be a fair judge

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending