Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Girls name 5 things you look for in a guy. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emre944)
    I'm your guy. :rolleyes:
    Haha why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikki1805)
    Yes, I'm sure your confidence in tying your shoes up will shine through and get every woman as moist as the Arabian Sea.

I mean confidence in general, good self esteem. Someone who can be sure of themselves and their abilities.
    This is only my opinion, I can't speak for all females.
    I lied, I'm still in velcro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    1. Intelligence
    2. Good taste in music/movies
    3. Doesn't wanna have children
    4. Caring
    5. Is fun to be around

If he looks like Jared Leto, that's another bonus :P lol
    I concur. Good luck to us in finding someone who doesn't want to have children.

Genuinely curious about the amount of people who do not imagine having children as part of their future, at least the next 10 years. Of course we might change our minds at some point, but it always freaks me out a little when I hear people saying that they want to have kids in their 20's.

ReputationRep:
    Come on girls. At least TRY and think outside of the box! Half of you have the same bleedin' repsonses!!

ReputationRep:
    -a smile
    -caring
    -concentrate on his work
    -confidence
    -honesty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Come on girls. At least TRY and think outside of the box! Half of you have the same bleedin' repsonses!!
    good shoes.

It makes such a difference. I'm not talking about brand names either, but granddad shoes or 10 year old boy shoes just doesn't cut it. You would be surprised at how many guys are guilty of stuff like this at my school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    I lied, I'm still in velcro
    Do your trainers flash when you walk though?
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    1. Intelligence- I like someone who knows a subject what they're into and they excel at something.
    2. Willing to take the lead & be a bit spontaneous- I'm quite the romantic at heart, so if someone was spontaneous it'd make me melt even further.
    3. Patient- I can be a bit trying at times if I get stressed with the amount of work and I have a very busy life with my degree, and its going to be a massive part of my life. Someone would have to be understanding of that.
    4. Kind & have a conscience. Means someone who will treat me right and never cheat on me.
    5. Hobbies different to mine- My current boyfriend has different interests and hobbies which I admire

They must like animals, in particular dogs.

ReputationRep:
    This was pretty hard when it came down to it. I don't know whether this is supposed to be about looks or personality. I'm quite picky when it comes to both. In terms of personality...
    1) Interested in video games (or there will be serious issues)
    2) Motivated. I don't care whether he's a subway cleaner or a high flying lawyer so long as he really gives it his all.
    3) Intelligent, if not academically then at least to a degree where we can have a good conversation about life, the universe and everything else.
    4) Trusting and trust-worthy (So important to me, couldn't have a relationship without this)
    5) Confident

As for looks, the important things are cleanliness and well-kept facial hair. Bit of a sucker for good facial hair.

ReputationRep:
    1. At least some level of physical attraction (have to be honest!) but what I find physically attractive does vary a lot and is probably heavily influenced by the other things I'm about to list!
    2. A similar sense of humour to me and the ability to make me laugh.
    3. Good with children and animals.
    4. Ambition. It's fine if they don't have their career sorted yet but I need someone who aims high and has plans and hopes for themselves.
    5. That 'something'. There are lots of men I get on with that fulfil all of the above and yet we'd never date for no definable reason. You need that extra chemistry or spark that you just have with some people and don't with others.

ReputationRep:
    Confidence. Being fairly shy with cripplingly low self-esteem, I unfortunately tend to attract and be attracted to the over-confident, cocky ******* types!

Good sense of humour (definitely got to be a fan of innuendo) and a flirtatious nature.

Two more things...hmm...some kind of talent or passion, musicians are obviously up there...and liking dogs!

ReputationRep:
    Caring, not an ego maniac, good communication skills, leadership potential and good in bed.

ReputationRep:
    For me, personally...

Intelligent in the sense that we can have good conversations and relate to one another on an intellectual level. There's nothing worse than awkward conversations that trail off.

Shared interests so we can discuss this. Some differences are essential though, so we have some stuff to have debates over. Shared interests keep conversation alive and help you relate to each other.

Kindness. It's a simple one, but kindness influences respect, care, and love. Loyalty and trust form from all those things.

Attractive to me. Note: to me. I don't care what my friends or anyone else thinks. If a man looks attractive, both physically, mentally and emotionally to me, he's mine.

Funny, with a good sense of humour and perhaps a slightly laid back attitude. I like a man who can take life both seriously when needed, but also with a pinch of salt at other times. A man who can show he cares, but can also see the funny side of things.

That's just me

ReputationRep:
    1) Someone who can really make me laugh, not a sort of pained, cringey laugh like it was with my ex. I love a brilliant sense of humour
    2) Height, maybe about 6"2ish, not a whole lot taller than me though
    3) Dark hair, preferably brown and slightly curly
    4) Someone who takes good care of their body but isn't obsessed with it, definitely don't want someone who's most exciting topic of conversation is the gym.
    5) Good teeth and a brilliant smile

And so so many more, I suppose I'm picky. I could probably go on all day. They have to be: caring, loyal, protective, intelligent (not asking for a genius), good in bed and the list goes on...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeonNems)
    I concur. Good luck to us in finding someone who doesn't want to have children.

Genuinely curious about the amount of people who do not imagine having children as part of their future, at least the next 10 years. Of course we might change our minds at some point, but it always freaks me out a little when I hear people saying that they want to have kids in their 20's.
    Thankfully I have found someone who doesn't want children at all and we've been together almost 4 yrs. Fair play to those who do want kids down the line but I know in my heart its not for me.

ReputationRep:
    Height - tall as I'm 6,0!
    Good sense of humour - I like teasing and joking with boys!
    Easy to talk to about problems
    Reasonably intelligent - just enough to have an interesting conversations with
    Trustworthy

ReputationRep:
    Humour
    Good hygiene
    Optimism (and realism)
    Has be calm, peaceful, patient and gentle
    Smart, intelligent and ambitious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lastlullabyy)
    Haha why?
    Because...

Plus I see you're from Poland, so exotic.

ReputationRep:
    Gosh, I have not yet achieved a degree but I aspire to get one. Also, I say a degree because I will be reading a 7 year course, so I would most like spend most of my time at university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emre944)
    Because...

Plus I see you're from Poland, so exotic.
    I'm moving to Newcastle in September and Poland is not exotic at all... Rather boring :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.