Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Girls name 5 things you look for in a guy. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)
    The girls in here are really weird. :erm:

I respect your answers and opinions though.
    Come at me, bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    1) Looks - I know thats kind of superficial but you've got to be attracted to them in one way or another.

But, Tall - Above 6ft. Brown eyes, Dark brown hair. Really nice smile.
    Very slim. I like guys who arnt ripped but around a 26 - 30" waist.

2) Intelligence. Ive dated some less intelligent guys and Ive found that its hard to have a stimulating conversation. I remember one guy who used to say 'you know what I mean' after every sentence.

3) Ambition. I love travelling. I want to start my own business. I need someone who can do that themselves and have the drive to do so.

4) An interesting hobby. I like rock climbing and kayaking. Im not saying that they should but they should have something that makes them stand out for me. An ex of mine was a really good DJ and I admired him so much. He was also an excellent photographer and loved all the work that he did.

5) Generic, accepts who I am and my humor, sarcasm and personality. Kind, caring and when im older a good fatherly figure for our children.

For now living the life of a singleton.

This was posted from my pigeon carrier app on my GT-I9100
    Perfect example of being picky.

ReputationRep:
    A good personality

Someone who can make me laugh

A guy that I can spend time with but also do things with my mates

Nice biceps but don't really like six packs

A guy that's not bothered if we hang out with the same friends

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Compassion
    Sensitivity
    Somewhat handsome
    Intelligence
    Humour

ReputationRep:
    Tall (I'm really tall so... it kinda narrows it down for me )
    Good sense of humour
    Good looks
    Kind
    Intelligent

ReputationRep:
    1) Quite confident, not the douchebag type of confidence, just someone who isn't scared to start a conversation

2) Looks, subjective obviously, my friends and I have such different opinions on guys its funny

3) Interesting, I want to be able to have a conversation with you,tell me about your interests, tell me your opinions on life, have a discussion with me, I hate it when guys just say what they think you want them to say :bored:

That's about it really :cute:

ReputationRep:
    So I need to be taller, more intelligent, funnier, more ambitious, more attentive, more kind hearted, more considerate, and be (subjectively) better looking with better eyes.

I reckon it's doable.

Hopefully then I'll be doable.

ReputationRep:
    1. Handsome but doesn't know it. I can't stand guys with ego problems. Confidence is nice but there's something cute about a shy handsome guy who has no idea how good looking he is.
    2. Loyal, not just to a potential girlfriend but to his friends and family members too.
    3. Kind eyes
    4. Supportive
    5. Intelligent

ReputationRep:
    Kind/Caring
    Sense of Humour
    Loyal
    Nice-Looking
    Open-Minded

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1) personality (I love guys who loving and caring and LOYAL, but also can have a slightly cocky side)
    2) looks (he has to be well kept, dresses nicely -I hate guys who go around in trackies all day)
    3)physical appearance (tall, good hair - I LOVE Hispanic guys- I live in Scotland but i am half welsh half spanish)
    4)smart (I want a guy who is sharp and will get a good job in the future)
    5) funny (guys who always make me laugh, arent boring, and who can hold a good convo)

Usually my list vanishes when I go out with someone as I usually just focus on their personality, looks can be a bonus

ReputationRep:
    1. Confidence
    2. Sense of Humour
    3. Ability to carry conversation
    4. Intelligence
    5. Plays sport

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How tall is "tall"? It seems to be really important and i'm 6'2" so i'm interested in what you all class as tall.

Also does having a degree count as Smart/Intelligent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5hane)
    How tall is "tall"? It seems to be really important and i'm 6'2" so i'm interested in what you all class as tall.

Tall for me is anyone taller than me (so 5'7+)!

To me intelligence is someone who can spell, use grammar correctly and generally just excels further than your average Joe. (Goes to a good Uni, gets good grades and just knows his stuff)

I'm not too fussy, as long as dey dunt type lyk dis n stuff. #yolo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye-Winter)
    Tall for me is anyone taller than me (so 5'7+)!

To me intelligence is someone who can spell, use grammar correctly and generally just excels further than your average Joe. (Goes to a good Uni, gets good grades and just knows his stuff)

I'm not too fussy, as long as dey dunt type lyk dis n stuff. #yolo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ha! Ok thanks, I think I am ok then, I can't stand people who talk/write like that either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5hane)

Dude you obviously know that you're tall no need to validate your height.

ReputationRep:
    How very interesting...

ReputationRep:
    Intelligence isn't about uni or having a degree for me. You can be a perfectly intelligent person without wanting to go to uni. Intelligence and ambition are both important to me, but uni isn't the only thing smart people can aim for

ReputationRep:
    -If he's able to hold a decent conversation
    -Smile
    -Height
    -Humour
    -looks after himself

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    Dude you obviously know that you're tall no need to validate your height.
    Yeah I'll admit it was validation a bit, but I was genuinely curious if there was a specific height that would come up or not

ReputationRep:
    the girls here (and everywhere are lying). They are stating personality qualities when in fact they go for physical attributes first eg height, good looks.

I mean plenty of the girls who list things like intelligence/good mmanners/optimism etc will probably end up going for some tall, fit, sport playing, good looking bloke who is arrogant and has the personality of a goldfish. This happens a lot.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2017
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.