The Student Room Group

Girls name 5 things you look for in a guy.

Scroll to see replies

Perfect example of being picky.
Reply 281
A good personality

Someone who can make me laugh

A guy that I can spend time with but also do things with my mates

Nice biceps but don't really like six packs

A guy that's not bothered if we hang out with the same friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Compassion
Sensitivity
Somewhat handsome
Intelligence
Humour
Reply 283
Tall (I'm really tall so... it kinda narrows it down for me :frown: )
Good sense of humour
Good looks
Kind
Intelligent
Reply 284
1) Quite confident, not the douchebag type of confidence, just someone who isn't scared to start a conversation

2) Looks, subjective obviously, my friends and I have such different opinions on guys its funny

3) Interesting, I want to be able to have a conversation with you,tell me about your interests, tell me your opinions on life, have a discussion with me, I hate it when guys just say what they think you want them to say :bored:

That's about it really :cute:
Reply 285
So I need to be taller, more intelligent, funnier, more ambitious, more attentive, more kind hearted, more considerate, and be (subjectively) better looking with better eyes.

I reckon it's doable.

Hopefully then I'll be doable.
1. Handsome but doesn't know it. I can't stand guys with ego problems. Confidence is nice but there's something cute about a shy handsome guy who has no idea how good looking he is.
2. Loyal, not just to a potential girlfriend but to his friends and family members too.
3. Kind eyes
4. Supportive
5. Intelligent
Kind/Caring
Sense of Humour
Loyal
Nice-Looking
Open-Minded

Posted from TSR Mobile
1) personality (I love guys who loving and caring and LOYAL, but also can have a slightly cocky side)
2) looks (he has to be well kept, dresses nicely -I hate guys who go around in trackies all day)
3)physical appearance (tall, good hair - I LOVE Hispanic guys- I live in Scotland but i am half welsh half spanish)
4)smart (I want a guy who is sharp and will get a good job in the future)
5) funny (guys who always make me laugh, arent boring, and who can hold a good convo)

Usually my list vanishes when I go out with someone as I usually just focus on their personality, looks can be a bonus
Reply 289
1. Confidence
2. Sense of Humour
3. Ability to carry conversation
4. Intelligence
5. Plays sport

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 290
How tall is "tall"? It seems to be really important and i'm 6'2" so i'm interested in what you all class as tall.

Also does having a degree count as Smart/Intelligent?
Original post by 5hane
How tall is "tall"? It seems to be really important and i'm 6'2" so i'm interested in what you all class as tall.

Tall for me is anyone taller than me (so 5'7+)!

To me intelligence is someone who can spell, use grammar correctly and generally just excels further than your average Joe. (Goes to a good Uni, gets good grades and just knows his stuff)

I'm not too fussy, as long as dey dunt type lyk dis n stuff. #yolo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 292
Original post by Skye-Winter
Tall for me is anyone taller than me (so 5'7+)!

To me intelligence is someone who can spell, use grammar correctly and generally just excels further than your average Joe. (Goes to a good Uni, gets good grades and just knows his stuff)

I'm not too fussy, as long as dey dunt type lyk dis n stuff. #yolo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ha! Ok thanks, I think I am ok then, I can't stand people who talk/write like that either.
Original post by 5hane

Dude you obviously know that you're tall no need to validate your height.
How very interesting...
Reply 295
Intelligence isn't about uni or having a degree for me. You can be a perfectly intelligent person without wanting to go to uni. Intelligence and ambition are both important to me, but uni isn't the only thing smart people can aim for :smile:
-If he's able to hold a decent conversation
-Smile
-Height
-Humour
-looks after himself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 297
Original post by Black Cat
Dude you obviously know that you're tall no need to validate your height.

Yeah I'll admit it was validation a bit, but I was genuinely curious if there was a specific height that would come up or not :biggrin:
the girls here (and everywhere are lying). They are stating personality qualities when in fact they go for physical attributes first eg height, good looks.

I mean plenty of the girls who list things like intelligence/good mmanners/optimism etc will probably end up going for some tall, fit, sport playing, good looking bloke who is arrogant and has the personality of a goldfish. This happens a lot.
Reply 299
Original post by bloomblaze
the girls here (and everywhere are lying). They are stating personality qualities when in fact they go for physical attributes first eg height, good looks.

I mean plenty of the girls who list things like intelligence/good mmanners/optimism etc will probably end up going for some tall, fit, sport playing, good looking bloke who is arrogant and has the personality of a goldfish. This happens a lot.

I hope you're being sarcastic...

I know plenty of not so good looking guys that do well with women, and quite a few short guys too (and i'm short myself)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending