Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Girls name 5 things you look for in a guy. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    I'd go with sounds, so long as that's strictly in the bedroom... I like to hear noises, it's good for communication :lol:
    Nah, voice is quite important to me. I think a hyena in the bedroom would be quite off putting :lol: You could just paperbag her if it was just a hyena face :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    Nah, voice is quite important to me. I think a hyena in the bedroom would be quite off putting :lol: You could just paperbag her if it was just a hyena face :lol:
    :erm: Thinking about it, hearing a hyena when you're in the zone would scare the **** out of me, literally...

ReputationRep:
    Honest- as in he'll tell you what he's really thinking

Loyal- As in he isn't a cheater and stays loyal to family and friends as well

Considerate- Of everyone's feelings, including his own. Cos self respect is important too

Funny- love a guy who can make me laugh

Cute- As in someone who doesn't have to be all macho all the time. That is so annoying. i like a guy who can be really sweet, be it in a silly way or in a romantic way. Its ok to be soppy sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    Both are equally distasteful

ReputationRep:
    1) Confidence
    2) Money
    3) Clothing
    4) Style
    5) Intelligence
    6) High value of him self

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron9890)
    I notice girls tend to like guys who are tall, dark and handsome. Just wanted to get an idea as to what girls really look for in a guy, basically out of interest. i suppose it's all down to preference.
    Sense of humour, cute (physically / personality-wise), intelligent, caring, and just a general nice guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)
    Both are equally distasteful
    :lol: True! But I could put up with a hyena face, the voice would just annoy the hell out of me personally

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    Perfect example of being picky.
    Awww well.
    Not exactly picky really. Plenty of tall slim guys with ambition that fit the bill. Ive had quite a few of said description. Clearly it works for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    Awww well.
    Not exactly picky really. Plenty of tall slim guys with ambition that fit the bill. Ive had quite a few of said description. Clearly it works for me.
    Height part isn't even the issue but the waist requirement definitely hit the nail on the head.

ReputationRep:
    Height part isn't even the issue but the waist requirement definitely hit the nail on the head.
    I can't believe she really knows what male waist measurements are like. I'm 5 foot 10 with a 30 inch waist, and I'm skinny, there isn't really a lick of fat on me. In terms of BMI I'm about two points above underweight. A 6 foot man with a 26 inch waist would be seriously underweight and almost certainly suffer from a serious illness or eating disorder. I doubt that's really what she wants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    I can't believe she really knows what male waist measurements are like. I'm 5 foot 10 with a 30 inch waist, and I'm skinny, there isn't really a lick of fat on me. In terms of BMI I'm about two points above underweight. A 6 foot man with a 26 inch waist would be seriously underweight and almost certainly suffer from a serious illness or eating disorder. I doubt that's really what she wants.
    I know right I'm 30 inch waist and consider that borderline skinny don't see how someone would actually prefer anything below that.

She has some weird taste in men alongside ridiculous standards.

ReputationRep:
    Soooo. My ex was extremely skinny at 28" .... he was 6ft 2"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. Morals
    2. Trustworthy
    3. Have similar interests to me
    4. Modest
    5. Not afraid to hide their emotions but isn't over over sensitive

ReputationRep:
    Soooo. My ex was extremely skinny at 28" .... he was 6ft 2"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So if a guy was a "32" waist would you overlook them even if they met all your other demands/requirement.

You're being too specific I doubt you could tell how big of a waist a guy has same with height.

ReputationRep:
    Humour
    Intelligence
    Kindness
    Good looks(for me dark hair and dark eyes are the way forward)
    non clingy

In that order

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloomblaze)
    the girls here (and everywhere are lying). They are stating personality qualities when in fact they go for physical attributes first eg height, good looks.

I mean plenty of the girls who list things like intelligence/good mmanners/optimism etc will probably end up going for some tall, fit, sport playing, good looking bloke who is arrogant and has the personality of a goldfish. This happens a lot.
    You sound really bitter my love.:sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    So if a guy was a "32" waist would you overlook them even if they met all your other demands/requirement.

You're being too specific I doubt you could tell how big of a waist a guy has same with height.
    No.
    But I mean anything above a 38+ is kinda getting a little on the chubs side.
    And I know male mesaurements pretty well after only living with men for nearly 10 years...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No.
    But I mean anything above a 38+ is kinda getting a little on the chubs side.
    And I know male mesaurements pretty well after only living with men for nearly 10 years...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're telling me you would be able to deduct someone's height and waist by looking at them? Please don't make a fool out of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    You're telling me you would be able to deduct someone's height and waist by looking at them? Please don't make a fool out of yourself.
    Le sigh.
    Stop putting words out I never said.
    I have my preferences. Im allowed them. Ive lived with only men for nearly 10 years.
    I work in a clothing store in the mens department.
    You can tell the difference between 30" & 40" waists.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Le sigh.
    Stop putting words out I never said.
    I have my preferences. Im allowed them. Ive lived with only men for nearly 10 years.
    I work in a clothing store in the mens department.
    You can tell the difference between 30" & 40" waists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're pointing out a huge difference anyone would be able to see that but you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 2 - 5 inches.

Doubt you would be able to spot height difference between 5"10 and 6"0 especially in person.

Are you a wizard?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.